Rotors - Order and Question about Seasoning

Stan,

My PMs do not seem to be working, at least they are not showing up in my sent box.

I need a new pair of front rotors for my 2002. Would you please send me a total with shipping to Chicago IL 60614, and let me know if they are in stock or how long it will take? I just found out my stock ones are ruined, and the truck is on blocks (my daily driver).

Question: I posted a question in the main GenII forum about seasoning. Do you have an opinion about whether I need to season your new rotors? I plan on bedding-in the Hawk HPS I picked up for them, but is there a different procedure I should follow to also season the rotors first?

Thanks,
Kevin

YES there is!You need to bed new pads to old rotors OR new rotors to old pads.Same procedure as what is in the hawk box.but do not bed new pads to new rotors.The heat that is generated is huge and can have adverse affects on both.Stan

OK then that may be a problem. My old pads are toast, one of them cracked and disintegrated so I won't be able to re-use them. Unless I can find someone with a used passenger side inner pad, I will be stuck putting new pads in with the new rotors.

I could pick up a cheapy pair of standard pads at the auto parts store if that would be less abrasive for the seasoning process. What do you recommend?

Arrived today, right on time! Thanks Stan!

30254-917-32552.jpg

30254-917-32553.jpg

30254-917-32554.jpg

Back