Roll pan/rear bumper delete

Kidsixpack

Is it still called a roll pan? Anyway where’s the best place to buy one? I’m pretty sure I’ll be buying two. Are they all fiberglass or can the be found in metal?
KID

I consider the Mar K to be the "best" and it's made in metal. It will need some body work to make it look real nice. There are others and other people will surely chime in with their favorite. I have 3 different roll pans on 3 trucks and I prefer the Mar K. The other two are fiberglass and I don't like the shape as much as the Mar K.

7174982758_30fe1ac248_b.jpg

Scott

Drilling a few holes in the bed.

Mine didn't quite sit flush, I had to take a 4x4 and hammer to the area behind the tail gate to get it to sit flush. Wasn't a big deal

Also, figure out your plate lights before it goes to paint, and see if they'll seam seal the metal joints on the roll pan. Makes for a great end result

Ron, I'm sorry it's just personal preferance but I like the way the Mar K doesn't have such a pronounced dip at the tag. The line is a little "straighter" then the glass pan.

Putting a Mar K on mine, need to paint. Welded the seams in the tag box area, could have probably used filler or automotive "glue". Looks good, well manufactured and coated. Going to use an LED light strip I saw in another post to light the tag.

What kind of body work is required? Interesting. I think I’d prefer the metal.
KID

Putting a Mar K on mine, need to paint. Welded the seams in the tag box area, could have probably used filler or automotive "glue". Looks good, well manufactured and coated. Going to use an LED light strip I saw in another post to light the tag.

Kidsixpack, what kbcobra described for bodywork around the recessed license plate and making sure the tailgate to roll pan gap is even and the ends of the roll pan fit to the quarter and the gap there is even. Details make the difference for me. Look at the pic of my truck then look at the Mar K rollpan on their website to see the work needed.

Scott

Ok I know it's been a while since I began this thread but you know how it goes. Anyway I'm going to pull the trigger on a Mark K roll pan for my 95. How exactly does it mount. No real information or photos on Mark k's site.
Does it have brackets for mounting to the existing bumper brackets?
KID

Back