Roll cage rule ??

WickedSVT

What is the rule for when you need a roll cage. Is it 11.49 or faster at WFC?
I'm in the 11.70's now but will probably be around 11.50 to 11.40 by WFC.

False. They said that a few years ago when I won the street Lightning class a couple times (WFC6&WFC7). The last time when the "break" was 12.1 (in qualifying) I ran a 12.1 and was the #3 qualifier because 2 guys ran in the 11s. FWIW since its an open comp format. But they DEFINITELY did not make the guys run in Pro.

BigD said:
What rule---
The roll cage for 11.49 and faster. Just wondering if I'll be able to race my Silver L at any of the events this year. I probably won't get a roll cage until next year. If so then it looks like my Silver L will be restricted to Byron all year.

The roll cage and fire jacket rules apply to any NHRA track. At Lfest, you still have to be able to abide by the rules since KCIR is an NHRA track.

The last couple of WFC's have had the break between Street and Pro at 11.49 since that is where the cage rule applies. So, since they give you a .1 sec breakout, you can't qualify faster than 11.59 and still run Street.

And I believe last year they were bumping people up to pro if they qualified that fast. I know they will do that IF somebody in Street calls them on it - and I can guarantee you that will happen if it's caught.

Ok so they finally started doing what they said the were last year. Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

If the track is using NHRA rules and WFC is going by them also. Then you need a ROLL BAR at 11.99 to meet NHRA rules. IHRA rules is 11.49 for a ROLL BAR.

Back