Roebling Road, Ga

Sloe Truk

AuToX/CLOC MoDr8r
Hey folks, I mistakenly posted a call for help in the Autocross forum. One of the clubs I track with is running short on students and more importantly instructors. THe course is Roebling Road, near Savanna, Ga. It is Father's day weekend and that is the reason for their bind on instructors. If you wish to help fill the event please go to http://www.thscc.com/timetrial/events/roebling.htm if you wish to instruct at this event; the following is part of an email I got from one of the coordinators.

> > Stacy,
> > What credentials do instructor need to have? I can try to shake a few
> > loose.
>
> Actually, credentials to instruct for us are relatively substantial.
> An instructor for us usually is already instructing for BMWCCA,
> PCA, NASA, or Corvette Club... They must have completed an
> instructor clinic from these (or our) organization within the last
> two years and if they are not recommended to us by one of these
> clubs, they must provided references from the lead instructor of
> the organization (which Mark V. diligently follows-up on).
>
> Go ahead and post something on the truck forum... be sure to direct
> them to www.timetrials.net for info and registration info.
>

These are great bunch of guys if anyone can help them out, you would be helping me out too.

Sloe Truk

I haven't registered yet, but I'll be there. I have something many of you might be interested in, Race compound pads for stock rotors and calipers. I'm still testing them but there might not be any more settling for street pads at the track.

was THINKING about trying that course out[I try atleast one new one a year]untill I( saw the DB requirements!:cr: no way I can meet them.Even a STOCK ZO6 can not meet them at wot!Just like Lagna Seca.Stan

Stan,

Let me talk to Stacy. I know there are Db restrictions during part of the day. During that time they try to schedule parade laps. There are guys running full racing exhaust they are way way louder than I am.

Sloe Truk

The exhaust that I have is open with a 2' extension for the collector or on the truck is supertraps without the discs.Either one is over or rite at 100db and the cobra is closer to 107 at wot and 7k rpm.Stan

I just back home and e-mailed Stacy. I gave the Db you were pushing. This guywas at VIR south course and pushing mad exhaust

merc.jpg

I'll post Stacy's reply

Sloe Truk

P.S. I hope you can make it.

Stan,
Finally got an answer from Stacy about you exhaust levels

Bryan... sorry - I thought I had replied...

We're not that strict... 100-107db shouldn't be a problem - I've
never seen them out there testing at our events. Thats mostly for
SCCA competion where its used as a tool to keep exhausts whithin spec

-Stacy

Sleo Truk

might have to show up and do it.the date that I read was june 18-19 .Now if the car makes it thru 4 track days and 2 races before that I should be able to.Stan

Stan, Are you bringing the L or the Cobra? I'm dying to the your L up close.

ALso are you going to register as an instructor?

Sloe Truk

Lightning is now residing in NV .Tired of haulling it back and forth.Will bring the cobra.As for instructor no The requirements that I read say I need to be an instructor at one of those driving schools which I am not.Just in the open road stuff I an and they wont't take that.Stan
PS your order will be leaving today or monday.thanks!

Regardless of what what you ride is, it will be good to have you down.

Thanx for the hookup on the rotors and lines.

Sloe Truk

Stan, I'm leaving tonight for Roebling. Hope to see you there.

Any one else, they still have empty spots if you are interested

Sloe Truk

Back