ROBG: Porter Cable 7424 and which detailing products?

clemslightning

Secus Venenum Saxum Volvi
Is this a good tool to use for any scratch remover, polish,glaze and wax application?

My L is red and I've got medium swirl marks that I really want to get rid of and then protect finish. (Once you get rid of swirls how do you guarantee not to get them back?)
I'm new at this and overwhelmed by the options out there.
I'm leaning towards the complete Zaino system but I hear that Pinnacle Souveran is particularly good with red clearcoat.
...Then I hear that Dri wash 'n Guard is "the only way to go"
...and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

:confused: :?:bm: :mad: ;c :hh:

HELP!

That porter cable seems to be a favorite among detailers but
I personally use a Milwaukee variable speed buffer, simply because I need something a bit more industrial ( Mack semi's at work that need detailing and such ;) )

I'll give you a list of products you'll need to do a really nice job but basically the only way to gaurantee no future swirl marks is to never drive your truck again. As much as I try I still get the occasional swirl or micro scratch simply because I use the truck. Washing and drying the truck is the easiest way to get swirls and such but there are ways to minimize that stuff.

First off, invest in quality micro fiber towels. Use them for all of your exterior detailing work. Applying, removing wax, washing and drying as well. Towels will make the biggest difference in preventing swirls.

Second, I highly recommand Souveran products. As a long time user of Zaino and 3M, Souveran is the best wax I've ever used on a black vehicle. Bar none.

Thanks Rob!

I'll give you a list of products you'll need to do a really nice job...
I look forward to your subsequent tips:)

I came across these towels from a thread (might have been one of yours.)
http://www.microfibertech.com/eliteTowel.html

Are they "the ones." Or are there good ones you can buy at the local supply store?
It sounds like if washing and drying are the biggest culprits for scratches, then type of shampoo and techniques are critical?
Thanks again,
Rich

Here's the list

1st. Menzerna Intensive Polish

2nd. Menzerna Final Polish

http://properautocare.com/mengerbespol.html
3rd. Pinnacle Souveran kit.

http://autogeek.net/pinsouvkit.html

Wash the truck with a liquid soap like Dawn.
Next, clay bar the whole vehicle.

Bust out the buffer and use Menzerna Intensive Polish to remove swirls and minor scratches.

Finish off the buffing by using Menzerna Final polish. This will give the truck an exceptional finish but now all of your hard work needs to be sealed.

Start with Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion, this will give your truck an even deeper gloss. Next step is the Pinnacle Souveran, apply and remove to single panels. USE ONLY MICRO FIBER TOWELS FOR THIS ENTIRE DETAILING PROCESS !!!!

This will take a good 2 days to do but once finished you will have an unbelivably deep, glossy and swirl free finish that you will absolutely love. Good luck and POST PICTURES once done !!!!!

Robg. Thanks for the tips. There is soooo much out there on detailing options that its hard to cut through the cr*p.

I'll go with your plan and will proudly post pics...probably in a couple months.

Thanks! :tu:

Rob G do you have any tricks to using Menzerna? I have tried them once and although I removed the swirls, I seemed to put in some scratches? I am a fairly experienced detailer. I personally have superb results using Megs DACP with a foam cutting pad followed by Megs SFP and a polishing pad.

I use these pads on my Milwaukee buffer...http://properautocare.com/bespadforcir.html

I spray them down with a alcohol/water solution first and then buff away. The yellow pad is for cutting (Menzerna white compound) and the white pad is for polishing (menzerna purple polish stuff ) and I couldn't be happier with the results. I get no swirls and no micro-scratches. The key is just to mist the pad every so often with the solution and you shouldn't get any buffing scratches.

That's what works for me :)

Back