road race & auto x suspension?

ruslow coil springs 1100 lb
ruslow panhard bar
hotchkis leaf springs
hotchkis sway bars
hotchkis or qa1 shocks
metco lower link traction bars

i have a 00 lightning that i would like to get into road racing and auto x. The truck is not my daily driver yet i do drive it on the street. Would this set up work well. any advice would be great.

THe 1100# springs are a nice compromise. I used to have to switch springs depending whether I was raod racing or AutoXing. For road racing I used 950s and for the X I used 1300s. 1100# pretty much shoots the difference and looks like a nice compromise, IMO. Will also be very streetable, stiff but streetable.

Bryan

read the post I did on F-150.pretty much explains it.IF you want parts then the ruslow stuff!But oh wait that is what I sell.:D
No really if you have not done any of the OT or Autox then I would try it first and see how well you like it and learn to drive the vehicle [know its limits,and yours]then start on doing the upgrades.Stan

thanks stan i have done some of both, but it was in a police car during training. i have also used my truck in some auto x against some police cars(i won). so i am looking forward to getting more involved. thanks

Some of the bigger thing to look at if you start to OT is dropping the truck then installing the panhard [track bar] TIRES,and then shocks and or a true trac diff.[you will burn the clutches out of the stock one.Then maybe springs and urethane bushings.pads for sure also.There is a trick to get the stock seat belts to tightne up but forgot what it was.Also if you get fast on the track and are pulling some g's [maybe 1 or just a tad more] add .5 quarts to the oil pan.and of course I sell all of what I described.but the sway bars.Believe it I still run the stock front sway.Stan

since i am working with a budget and will not hit ot events until i have all the wright parts what order should i install the suspension pieces? stan you said lower the truck so i should get the coil springs, leaf springs, and the panhard bar to start correct. would i not need to get the shocks to match the new spring rates? sorry for the easy ? but i just want to do this wright the first time. thanks again guys

Coil springs hangers[for the rear] and panhard bar.We have enough HP to power thru the understeer of the stock rear springs[that is one reason for the diff].coils would be to your taste.1000 will give you a firm ride close to a BMW and the 1100 and up will be firmer still.but also be prepared for shocks in the near future.If nothing else the panhard bar will make a different truck out of it.So that would be the min.
If you plan on Autoxing the real serious ones use about a stiff a spring as poss. since the parking lots are smooth but if you plan on OT'ing then a very stiff spring can hurt you in since the tires will not be in contact with the ground as much.Stan

SVTSILVERBACK,

do you happen to live in belleau wood? I live off jaeduke I have the lowered 96 supercab and 2002 lightning I just recently purchased a new toy just for road racing, a 93 lightning. Cliff (SVT_KY) live just two houses over, Red 02 lightning with chrome 03 wheels. I think I've seen you on kyhorsepower, but never in person! I've seen your truck if it is you in belleau wood. VERY Clean!!

You should come out sometime!

Brian

Back