Richmond, Va Dragway closed

sparkadellic

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Found out yesterday that the owner of Richmond Raceway has decided to close the track permanently. It sucks because that was the closest 1/4 mile track to me. I've had plenty of fun at that track over the years. The owner said him and his family are discussing with lawyers about selling it and the land. I sure do hope the new owner opens it back up, but I know the trend as of late is to get rid of em.

Found out yesterday that the owner of Richmond Raceway has decided to close the track permanently. It sucks because that was the closest 1/4 mile track to me. I've had plenty of fun at that track over the years. The owner said him and his family are discussing with lawyers about selling it and the land. I sure do hope the new owner opens it back up, but I know the trend as of late is to get rid of em.

Bummer, I hate hearing about tracks closing. Did they say why?

He basically said that he had full intention of opening the track up for the start of the season, but as it got closer he knew that his heart wasn't in it because with the covid layoff he realized how much he has missed with his family and wants to spend more time with them.

Hopefully he can work out a deal to reopen when the COVID thing is manageable.

We went through this a few years ago when Englishtown Raceway Park closed suddenly. A good part of the reason to build my project car was to run it there; and the closing took the momentum out of that build. :(

Back