Ribbed belt vs cog belt on centrifugal supercharger

For those that have experience or knowledge let’s hear it. Pro’s and con’s of each.

I’m looking at a complete front accessory drive that is made with the cog belt set up. I haven’t reached out to see if it is also available as a rib belt set up. I’d like to know a little more before I do.

It is available with or without power steering and is designed for the YSI.

I like that the a/c compressor is tucked low on the drivers side so hose routing will be much easier and inconspicuous.
353eb732028960dc5da4a5a393bb1949.png

2ace46ff7388ee58b74fc74751a5ce61.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cogs on the accessories too? The only thing I would worry about is on deceleration. It is tough on bearings. With the serpentine system the belt slips some so it isn't hard on bearings. Now cogs for the ysi I would say yes. You will have to make sure there is no flex in bracket and everything is aligned. From what I hear cog belts like to snap if not set up right.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Cogs on the accessories too? The only thing I would worry about is on deceleration. It is tough on bearings. With the serpentine system the belt slips some so it isn't hard on bearings. Now cogs for the ysi I would say yes. You will have to make sure there is no flex in bracket and everything is aligned. From what I hear cog belts like to snap if not set up right.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The cog belt is only for the supercharger. The accessories are on a ribbed belt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe the “HD” models of Vortech super chargers are ok to be cogged but I’d check with Vortech to be sure. Other then that I don’t see an issue with it.

Back