Results- my point of view

E

easterisland

Well, 4 Lightnings showed, three that pre-registered and one that didn't. That means six that signed up didn't show. The fastest Lightning(black 99 driven by Justin) turned a 13.26 I think. I only managed a 13.72. Of course it was really hot and humid. 93* and 93* humidity.
I'm estimating there were about 20 454ss, 1 R/T and 1 syclone. The only one that beat Justin was a 454ss that was running M/T drag slicks(not street legal according to the rules)it was a nice truck! It was fun and I hope they invite us back next year.
I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

------------------
'01 Black Lightning
Borla cat-back, JL diablo chip, JL drive shaft loop, Diablo tranny valve interchangeable upper pulley, electric fan, optima battery, M/T et streets, Stock modified air box, A.R.E. bed cover, Bedrug.
Best 1/4 with above 13.719 93* 93*humidity

The fastest SS there was fully street legal, even passes emissions, naturally aspirated. It ran a 12.13 I believe, that was after the track had opened to the public. I wan't able to make it cause my computer for my FI didn't show up. But there's always next year.

foxspy
1990 Chevy 454SS
ZZ502 w/Accel FI in the works!

easterisland,

Although it was hot and humid, we still had a blast there! A hand full of Lightnings are better than none, and to be running faster than most 454SS's was fun! If we can get together some other time to make some runs and have fun, let me know.

Justin

------------------
1999 Black Lightning - #0055 - JL Flip Chip, JL Ram Air, Magnaflow Muffler, Modified accumulator from Factory_Tech (love it!!)
Best time: 12.95 @ 104.98

Expo Ford is coming up Labor Day weekend at National Trail Raceway just east of Columbus.It's all Ford and new this year is a truck class.Check it out at www.fordexpo.com

------------------
95L
67Mustang
63Fairlane
79F150
71F100
87TBird5.0
95Taurus

Thanks to the lightnings that showed up, real neat guy's. Wish you all would have stayed around for the cookout and made the tours friday, there is always next year. The one Dodge that showed from the Chi-Town area is bringing 10 RT's next year. Next year we hope to be able to rent the track for the full day if we can get a big turnout. Again, thanks and looking forward to meeting more of you.
Bob Hauk
Bullit

I didn't make it this year but would like to say thanks for putting the event together.I wanted to go but had things get in the way.If the shootout happens again next year,I will try to be there.

------------------
95L
67Mustang
63Fairlane
79F150
71F100
87TBird5.0
95Taurus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by foxspy:
The fastest SS there was fully street legal, even passes emissions, naturally aspirated. It ran a 12.13 I believe, that was after the track had opened to the public. I wan't able to make it cause my computer for my FI didn't show up. But there's always next year.

foxspy
1990 Chevy 454SS
ZZ502 w/Accel FI in the works!
</font>

I was talking of the black 502ss that beat the Lightning. It had M/T drag tires which are illegal for street use. M/T et streets are DOT approved. It was a very nice truck. I know someone spent a lot of time fixing it up. It was about 1.5 seconds quicker than its closest 454ss brother.

If the tires were a problem I would have installed my M&H dot tires, sorry I rubbed someone the wrong way, I had them with me, I have gone faster with them. I was breaking in those tires (slicks)and the run that I ran the Lighting they were still not fuzzed, It was after everone left that I finally broke them in. The run I ran the lightning I only turned a 1.89 60 ft time, later I was turning 1.70's. I must explain why I have both types of tires. At my track, Ennis Tx. on test and tune night if you run dot tires you must run the street tire lane for test and tune, not the clean lane for slicks. This was done because on test and tune nights we would always get some idiot with a street tire hottie shake 50k miles of dirt, grime, gravel all over the starting line, saying nothing of the oil and water leaks, you all have seen it, this would make conditions for anyone with serious HP impossible, hence I have both available and since dot tires were not a requirement I wanted to try them out, and brake them in. Next year I will keep them off my trucks if anyone thinks it is a advantage.
bob

When foxspy said it was street legal I have to say that it wasn't because of the drag tires. That 454/502 was almost 1 sec faster than the L anyway so it wouldn't have mattered. It was all fun. I' just glad that the 454 club invited us to participate. They even invited us to the party afterwards, but we had to get home. Thanks to everyone who made the event happen.

Back