...... replacing the brake pads, rotors, calipers and tires

brook

…… I have felt (for many years now) that my 02 has not and does not stop very well. I have replaced pads and rotors many times

So, I am looking to up-grade the brake system.

(not going racing, just want good quality brakes)

looking for good quality brand names.

thanks

Hydro boost is the way to go.

If you have replaced rotors and pads, it’s highly likely you need a flush in the brake fluid system. And it would definitely not hurt to replace those old squishy brake hoses.

..... Jeffv33 That is one thing, I did do. (flush brake fluid system)

What is hydro boost???

Have you checked to see if you have squishy brake hoses? Sometimes they can be squishy internally.

Hydroboost, is a set up that uses no vacuum for brakes(no brake booster), rather the power steering pump to help you assist with the brakes. It works better because the fluid is pressurized better, rather than having the vacuum air pressurize in the booster. Especially if you have aftermarket camshafts.

..... Jeffv33 That is one thing, I did do. (flush brake fluid system)

What is hydro boost???

That's what you get for never being around LightningRodder.com. And so few posts here! But, don't bother with LightningRodder, they screwed it up royal with a shat redesign.

..... Pro71bird
I have spent a lot of time on Ebay, Amazon and YouTube looking for high quality brake kits.(Rotors, calipers, pads and flex brake hose)

With Power Stop Z36 vented, drilled and slotted rotors and the stock looking calipers, (red) I am looking at $800.00

Wilwood brakes kits for the Lightning, your looking at $2000.00

a little bit out of my price range

..... Pro71bird
I have spent a lot of time on Ebay, Amazon and YouTube looking for high quality brake kits.(Rotors, calipers, pads and flex brake hose)

With Power Stop Z36 vented, drilled and slotted rotors and the stock looking calipers, (red) I am looking at $800.00

Wilwood brakes kits for the Lightning, your looking at $2000.00

a little bit out of my price range

Brook -

Power Stop offers a good product at a low price point. https://www.powerstop.com/
Wilwood offers a great product at competitive value pricing. https://www.wilwood.com/About/AboutUs

I have used brake components from both company's with no complaints.

I have power stop drilled/slotted rotors on all four corners of my mustang. 15 yrs now.
Not an issue with them.
All I can add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

…. I PM is to Jeffv333,.... not sure if he got it.

So, I did buy a Power Stop (KC1919) brake kit...….. But did not get the flexible brake hose yet...….(all four wheels and the rear center.)

A lot of brands out there, witch brand would be the best to buy. (rubber, right??)

Thanks, Jeff

I have power stop drilled/slotted rotors on all four corners of my mustang. 15 yrs now.
Not an issue with them.
All I can add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My uncle is looking at this idea for the new Mustang project we will work on right after we finished installing the tires and dub 28 inch rims on the current truck project. I'll be reading around for this idea.

…. I PM is to Jeffv333,.... not sure if he got it.

So, I did buy a Power Stop (KC1919) brake kit...….. But did not get the flexible brake hose yet...….(all four wheels and the rear center.)

A lot of brands out there, witch brand would be the best to buy. (rubber, right??)

Thanks, Jeff
I just put on Stifflers brake line kit, front & rear. They give you everything-stainless hard lines and 5 braided steel lines to replace all the rubber hoses. No matter what direction you go, this should be step #1.

Back