Replacement/Upgraded Timing Cover and Water Pump Bolts/Studs

My "Timing chain & cover..." thread covers the bolts in detail, starting at post #39, to include detailed pics and part numbers used.

I'm easily confused, so I took Adam's & James's lists & pics and combined them with LMR's kit offering (posted here since lots of the old links don't work because of the latest VB upgrade):

hZIORPr.jpg

James's list is more complete.

I know it's just the nut, but what size is it? Is it just a regular nut from the hardware store? I thought we were trying to build a complete and accurate list.

torque spec's for bolts?- I searched but search doesn't seem to have the options it once did like specific forums or users

I know it's just the nut, but what size is it? Is it just a regular nut from the hardware store? I thought we were trying to build a complete and accurate list.

Sorry - I did the best with what I had. No one I talked to re-used the OEM pointer stud. I would ***ume it's 5/16", but SOMEone will have to try an assortment on the original pointer stud and tell us all what fits.

torque spec's for bolts?- I searched but search doesn't seem to have the options it once did like specific forums or users

Ford service manual says: "Water Pump to Block/Front Cover, 17-24 Nm"

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthr...ther-items/page4?highlight=timing+chain+cover

Post 53 has detailed notes/description of each bolt/stud, and pic 2 of 2 has the timing pointer hardware.

Post 57 has a pic of the hardware installed.

I posted specifics, after ordering Adam's list, which did not work for a stock replacement installation. So, if you are performing a stock replacement on the pump/cover, my list shoud be pretty close to what is needed.

Fred, thanks for the assist.

James

Last edited:
Back