relocating rear shocks

Why in the world would ford mount the shocks at such an angle? They should be as straight up and down as possible.

What I'm doing is making brackets to relocate the shocks for a straight verticle location and toward the ends more of the axle. Should provide much better shock performance.

Any opinions?

Talley

As the angle decreases the shock gets stiffer.the reason ford made the shocks at that angle[can only assume] is to provide more capacity for the shock as well as some clearance for the sway bar as well as making for a better angle of attack since the axle rols when accelating and decel.sTan

Tim and Stan : I think you're both right.
Shock angle allows the shock to be beat on less (especially when weighted down). The opposing angles helps relieve axle wrap up (b.s.! LOL)
I could be wrong ...

I think the better option would be to move the shock as for outward as possible, but angle decrease should be minimal. Crawl under the rear of the new F150 and you'll see how the shocks are between the tire and leafs... very cool.

Minimal angle decrease, because I don't think any shock will hold up or last long under that extra stress...:?

your front shocks are straight up and down and they take the most abuse w/ the front end weight.

Straight up and down when looking at the side of the truck and looking from behind the truck angled in at 5-10 degrees and having the shocks as close to the wheels as possible produces best results.

I'll post up pics soon.

Back