Refund/Cancellation policy

LightningWolf

NLOC Member: 1270
Whats the scoop on this? Because if fuel prices keep rising like they are, I am not going to be able to afford the trip. :cr:

Thanks.

Sorry, but at just over 3 weeks to the event, there is no refund. All the expenses have been incurred, and must be paid.

I guess if it comes to it, I will take my loss, and move on.

If fuel reaches $4.00/gal for fuel, it is going to cost me $1000 just in fuel to get to LFest and back.

I hear ya. Just to compare at $3.00 it would only cost ya $750

that's an extra $250 for a weekend.

I feel your pain and am in the process of buying a beater for work

I am still going to Lfest though. It may be the last trip I take for awhile

Let's see now...

....traveling 2000 miles, and estimate 16 miles a gallon and an estimated price (based on current price here in western Washington of $2.99 a gallon) fuel costs will be 373.75 each way. Oh, yeah and the wife and I are bringing 2 trucks so double that figure to $747.50. Then there's the trip back at the same or maybe higher costs so double that figure to $1495. Then there's motels to and from and while there, food, odds and ends, looks to be 3 grand +. Eh, you only live once and as long as you don't run out of money before you die it's all good !!!!!!

Scott

I understand that, Mike. Unfortunately, I'm committed. If I'd known gas prices would take this big of a hike I wouldn't be going to LFest. It'll over about $700 for us. It'll be the only time I go though, as long as it's in the center of the country. Fuel is the highest expense of the entire trip, more than hotel, food, etc, combined.

I really think (hope) you'll see fuel down in the ~$2.50 a gallon range by then. We'll be past labor day, the furor over Katrina will have died down, the changes in the infrastructure will be taking effect, etc.

On the flip side, I'm really glad I filled the truck up Monday and hopefully won't have to drive it until L-Fest.

I am not sure on my cost, but its not going to be pretty. Looks like I will be heading home Sunday so I can save one day of hotel cost.

FMOS Racing said:
I really think (hope) you'll see fuel down in the ~$2.50 a gallon range by then. We'll be past labor day, the furor over Katrina will have died down, the changes in the infrastructure will be taking effect, etc.

On the flip side, I'm really glad I filled the truck up Monday and hopefully won't have to drive it until L-Fest.

Would hope you're right Jeff on the fuel prices. Normally, the price per gallon gets cheaper as we travel east up until the New England states. But with a disruption of supply of gasoline out of New Orleans I suspect it will get higher rather than lower.

As far as filling up I did the same thing on Tuesday last. Saw a Shell station at 2.89 for premium and thought I had better do it now. Truck won't use any of that fuel until the 18th when we leave for L Fest. The Gen 2 has 7/8's of a tank and probably won't use much of that either. We have a Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS that is more friendly on gas to run around in.

Scott

Back