rear lowering shackles and hangers for 3" wide leaf spring?

Bootleggers DLX

Shifts Happen
Hello everyone!

I was hoping someone could help me out a bit on my current F series build. I'm building a 93 F350, 2wd, single wheel ( non Dually) and i ordered a DJM lowering setup for it. The beams look fine, but the rear hangers and shackles are for a 2.5" wide leaf spring. My truck has a 3" wide leaf spring. A quick skim through the summit racing website has netted me no results, and so I was hoping someone on here has run into this issue before, and can easily point me into the right direction.

Thanks,
Lee

I ran into similar issue when I was converting my bronco to 2wd. I ended up just using the leafs springs off the donor truck.. if your concerned about towing you can either add additional leafs or add helper bags..

or you can make them..
now depending how you want to approach it I might be able to help you.. I have a cnc plasma table and I do side jobs on my spare time.. if you give me some dims I can probably make some for you..

That was my last resort on this truck. the reasons i was avoiding it were as follows:

1) i was worried about axle to frame clearance once i was loaded. i really didnt want to notch this truck.

2) I wanted to relocate the pads and be able to keep the overload leaves for towing/hauling.

3) an axle flip typically takes 5", and i really didnt want to go past 4" of rear drop. I wanted to maintian a hair of rake with a truck this long.

But the axle flip i did on my silver 95 F150 was a huge success, and on a truck that is a pure toy, i'd totally do it again!

I am at the point with my 2wd bronco to lower the rear,I have the parts to do a flip but it would require a notch in the frame and not really wanting to do it.

Back