RE: Rust Preventative/Rust Proofing Products

RE: Rust Preventative/Rust Proofing Products

As most of you know I've been restoring & modifying a 95 L since Oct 08. One product that I've used that has performed better than promised was the Zero Rust paint that I used on the frame & other components. It was the best spray paint I've ever used & it only costs a little more than the well known brands purchased in stores. The coverage is great & I never made it run like someother spray paints I've used. It is supposed to seal the metal, stop & prevent rust. I give it :eek:ldtu::eek:ldtu:!

Curri,

Is there any prep, aside from cleaning, that's necessary?

Also, is this stuff the only application? Meaning, is this a top coat after some other application or is this in only coat?

Curri,

Is there any prep, aside from cleaning, that's necessary?

Also, is this stuff the only application? Meaning, is this a top coat after some other application or is this in only coat?
The only prep I did on most of the frame was a wire wheel on a grinder then blew it off w/ a air hose & sprayed away. It doesn't have to be top coated but it can be if you wanted to.

I've got a couple of quarts of Rust Bullet in the garage.

It supposedly requires no prep other than cleaning and removal any big loose rust.

This stuff doesn't need to be top coated either but it's like a silver/gray color so top coating the frame is gonna be required.

The place I got mine from is MFG Sealants in Atlanta, GA. They offer a 6 pack of the spray cans for $48 shipping included. FYI.

I used POR 15 on my frame but only the chassis black not the regular POR15. My frame was completly sandblasted down to nothing. When i got it back from the sand blaster i wasn't sure how to get paint into the steering box area. i mean this guy did an awesome job and it was only $97.03:scared1:! Ended up puttin the frame upside down on jack stand and brushed everything i could. I bought from POR15 thses wool daubers. They are on braided mechanics wire a wool ball the size of a golf ball. W about 24"of reach. So i was able to reach into even the tights spots. Then i flipped the frame right side up and brushed and spots i missed. Finaly a sanded the out side of the frame w 22o grit(to smoothout any runs) and sprayed the entires frame. It came out great. no i just have to get the suspension back under it to make it a roller

Back