RE: OEM A/C Heat Pad

Lucifer Sam 2

50 shades of gray
RE: OEM A/C Heat Pad

wait since i dont have one (heat pad) could that be why im getting exhaust fumes through the interior vents?

Last edited by a moderator:
wait since i dont have one (heat pad) could that be why im getting exhaust fumes through the interior vents?

Don't think so Sammy...

The pad doesn't provide any sealing on any level. It simply protects the evaporator box from the heat generated by the passenger side header.

Last edited:
It simply protects the evaporator box from the heat generated by the passenger side header.
Is it important to have? The one on my 93 is falling apart & if isn't that important to have I won't worry about replacing it.

Sammy, I would look at the weatherstripping around your doors to start with & then make sure your cab mounts are tight & the bushings intact.

Is it important to have? The one on my 93 is falling apart & if isn't that important to have I won't worry about replacing it.

Lot's of folks have removed theirs and have suffered nothing negative. Actually, they've suffered nothing at all.

If you don't care if it's there or not, I probably wouldn't bother with it.

Personally, I just like having all of my pieces where there supposed to be.

My truck sat in a barn for over 10 years, mice ate my heat pad up pretty badly. I found one in the junk yard in as bad of shape and combined the stuffing material and used a roll of tape I found in a storage cabinet in our shop. My Dad, myself and both my brothers were or are Aircraft mechanics so I guess it's some type of aircraft tape but I've seen similar tape in parts stores. I just tried to keep the original shape as best I could and taped it all back together. Looked funny before installation but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I used a staple gun like used to install insulation to staple it to the plastic just like it was from the factory. The last picture is the roofing material from Home Depot everybody uses as insulation/ sound deadener, I bet that would work really well.
DSC01018.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

Last edited:
I bet a lil bit of insulation material and a roll of that silver ac foil duct tape (the metal looking shiny stuff) and a out 20 min a guy could recreate that thing if he was concerned about it. If u r smelling exhaust look closely at the box on that side could be a crack or possibly the lil bolts/screws that retain the cover r loose or the seal is deteriorated.

Back