Ray brady - rip

YellowLightning

Junker to Runner
At 6:40 this morning, my dad lost his 3-1/2 year battle with ALS. He very much loved being in the Lightning community and enjoyed every minute of hanging out with you guys. I would appreciate it if you guys could attend his funeral.

Funeral Arrangements for Ray Brady:

Friday, August 10th
Our lady of the Holy Rosary Church
1 Rectory Lane
Hahnville, LA 70057

Visitation 8:00AM-11:00AM
Mass 11:00

Instead of flowers, we are asking that you donate to our ALS "Team Lightning" under my dads team member name.
Walk to Defeat ALS®: Metairie Walk

P1020386.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss Blake.

I enjoyed meeting/hanging out with your dad at L-Fest.

RIP

Ray was one of those people that you just love being around. Always had a big grin on his face no matter what. And anyone who knew Ray, also knew of the very special bond between him and Blake. Father and Son were also best friends. I'm glad that I got to know Ray, he will be missed.

Blake, our prayers go out to you, your Mom and your whole family.

If the Good Lord's willing, I'll be there.
Vern

Blake - I'm so sorry to hear about this. One of the things I truly missed about moving over here to Tx. was hanging around you and your dad whenever you were at the track - always enjoyed shooting the bull with him.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Bird

Blake,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your dad was such good guy and a pleasure to be around. The love & passion for anything & everything automotive was/is apparrant in both you guys.
Cherious those moments you shared together.

Ray will be missed by many.

R.I.P. my friend. :cr:

Ray was one of those people that you just love being around. Always had a big grin on his face no matter what. And anyone who knew Ray, also knew of the very special bond between him and Blake. Father and Son were also best friends. I'm glad that I got to know Ray, he will be missed....Vern

Jean and I STRONGLY echo your comments Vern. Ray was indeed a man you instantly liked the first time you met him. Ray and Blake were best of friends as well as father and son. We are both richer for having known Ray, our deepest condolences to you Blake and your entire family.

Scott & Jean

It was great meeting Ray at L-fest 6 & 7 allways a great big big smile on his face and very friendly.
He was a very cool guy, Blake you got some big shoes to fill.
I think your right on schedule though. :tu

Ray, you will be missed, rest in peace and keep listening for the lightnings.

Blake, very sorry to hear about your dad! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ray brady

QUOTE from Vern------Ray was one of those people that you just love being around. Always had a big grin on his face no matter what. And anyone who knew Ray, also knew of the very special bond between him and Blake. Father and Son were also best friends. I'm glad that I got to know Ray, he will be missed.

Blake---i have to agree with Vern and couldn't have said it any better--

YOUR DAD will be in our MEMORIES

RIP MR. RAY BRADY

Dave & Sharon

Last edited:
blake im sorry for your loss. your dad was a great man and im glad to of had the chance to meet him and call him my friend.

My prayers are with Ray's Family and Friends. I was lucky enough to have met Ray and Blake at a couple Lightningfest gatherings. Great people to talk to and break bread with. I won't forget the good memories. I get to share track days with my Dad, and know how special those times are.

Jim

Ray was one of those people that you just love being around. Always had a big grin on his face no matter what. And anyone who knew Ray, also knew of the very special bond between him and Blake. Father and Son were also best friends. I'm glad that I got to know Ray, he will be missed.

If the Good Lord's willing, I'll be there.
Vern

So true. Same for me Blake

Oh Crap. Sorry to hear this. Mr. Ray was an awesome guy. We shot the **** alot at GTG. Mr. Ray you will be missed.

Here is an idea.
What do yall think about getting as many L owners together for Mr. Ray Funeral and at some point have a 21 LIGHTNING BURNOUT Salute.

Bryan

Blake I am glad to have known and had your father as a friend. He was truly a joy to be around.

After mass I went home and started wrenching on the Lightning. After a couple hundred in parts I still had the same problem. When I finally figured it out and that I could have fixed it for free I could not help but think Mr. Ray has got to be looking down and having a good laugh!!!!

Just saw this post and had no idea your Pop was sick Blake.
So sorry for your loss, excuse my late condolences.
Enjoyed conversating at Lfest with him.

Back