Ran my truck tonight.

So I ran my truck

1996 F-150 351 4x4 ext cab short box. 4 inch lift on 35's and stock 3.55 gears.

truck is stock except for the K&N intake and a hyper tech programmer (it came with the truck I didnt buy it)

so...

I was planning on just watching. but I got a text message from a girl I know her and her BF were racing, her BF and me go way back but he is pissed because I was thinking of selling this truck but decided to keep it and not sell it to him. so he doesnt talk to me.

so when I seen him he didnt say anything to me he was racing a 1984 reg cab long box truck 2wd with some work done ( 351 engine headers dual exhaust and a cam apparently) truck sounded ok. he said "this truck is running 17.6's" I said "with the work done you should be much faster that's pretty pathetic." He said "what does your truck run?" I said mine "17.99 is the fastest I got." he said then "STFU and talk to me when your trucks faster than 18 seconds."

so me not to be out done went to the local tech said here is 20 bucks write my number on the window. and I wanna run the guy in the blue truck. so we line up. he looks over and see's my truck and starts laughing and shaking his head.

we lined them up and lights dropped. he had me at the line but I passed him easily.

went through the traps at the 1/4 mile at

him 17.63 me 17.45 not fast but I shut him up. all i did to my truck was install the programmer tune and I got a K&N FIPK kit.

his truck has got a tranny issue. not sure think its a c6 but it was bogging down bad between shifts and thats his issue. so we get back to the stands and he said if he had 4.10's he would have beat me and that the 4.56 gears I got gave me the advantage. I looked at him and said I got 3.55's :gl:

Did they actually use the E.T. timer or a sun-dial? ;k:D

J/k man, how does his 2wd run that slow? Even a 302 truck should be able to muster high 16's or low 17's!

Back