Rally Point Near Topeka on I335?

tliss

Massta Tom
Does anybody in or around Topeka know of a good place off of I-335 that we could use as a rally point for the convoy coming up from Texas and Oklahoma? The reason I ask is we are planning to come straight through and know some people will have to stop more often than others for gas. Rather than have 50 trucks stop each time, we are probably going to sail on and either let them catch up or meet at a rally point to roll into the hotel as one unit. Any suggestions for a good rally point just south of Topeka?

Thanks!
Tom

Tom just a thought here from someone that has done this type of thing in the past.. Set spots out all the way up for stops.. Trust me go like 100 miles and stop for a bit.. Not sure on your time but it would make it easy for people to get caught up as well as for you to lead.. Look up like truck stops since they will have facilities and such for all...

Rally Point!

Hello Tom,

Nan talked to Mike Landis who lives in Topeka (well close) and here is the scoop....Again THANKS to Mike!

When the convoy gets to Emporia on I35, you will take the Turnpike I335 which eventually hits I470(West) on the south side of Topeka at exit 177.

From the start of the Turnpike I335 at Emporia it is ~50 miles to Topeka and the Hotel.

About 6 miles past Emporia on the Turnpike (I335) is a huge rest area and McDonald's. This is the last place to stop before reaching Topeka, so will be a great rally point with lots of room.

When your reach I470 (exit 177) South of Topeka, take it West/North to I70. Take I70 East to the 6th Street exit (exit 357A) and the hotel is at Fairlawn and 6th St.

Thats all folks!;Y

List of KS Service Plazas

Hello again Tom,

Here is a list of the Turnpike service plazas and mile markers (MP).

Belle Plaine - MP 26
The Belle Plaine Service Area currently offers a Phillips 66 fuel retail facility, Travel Information Center, a McDonald's restaurant, and gift shop.

Towanda - MP 65
The Towanda Service Area offers a Phillips 66 fuel retail facility, a McDonald's restaurant, Wichita Convention and Visitors Bureau information, and weather kiosk.

Matfield Green - MP 97
The Matfield Green Service Area offers a Phillips 66 fuel retail facility, a McDonald's, and weather kiosk. This facility is the same basic design at the Towanda Service Area. Also at the Matfield Green Service Area is the Knute Rockne Memorial.

Emporia - MP 132 (last one before Topeka)
The Emporia Service Area offers a Phillips 66 and McDonald's. It has a children's play area and adult exercise area outside to allow travelers a chance to stretch.

OK I35 Rest/fuel stops

Hello again Tom,

Here are the OK rest/fuel stops on I35:

(225)
Welcome Center (sb) / Rest Area (nb)

(185)
US 77 / Perry
Sooner's Corner Texaco

(137)
NE 122nd St
Flying J Travel Plaza
&