Raffle To Be Drawn At L/hd Truckfest

PFA

Raffle To Be Drawn At L/HD Truckfest

We are having a raffle to raise money for The Walk to Cure Diabetes. We have our first donated products to be raffled off and are ready to begin raising money for this cause. If and when other vendors choose to donate products we will be able to offer more prizes for winners. Thank you to Gregg Evans of Factory Tech Transmission Performance, Inc. and Vince from L&S Automotive for their very generous donations. We will update the list of available prizes as received. Thank you in advance for your donations and good luck in the raffle drawing.

My family has participated in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for a Cure for the past 10 years and plan to raise money and attend again this year. My daughter, Stephanie, is 17 and has had Juvenile Diabetes for the past 10 years. We are trying to raise money to find a cure for this disease. Included here is her letter to everyone:

Dear Family, Friends and Truck Enthusiasts,
My name is Stephanie and I am 17 years old. I love to have fun with my family and friends. Sometimes I don't feel well enough to do things with friends and family because my blood sugar goes up and down a lot. When I was younger sometimes I couldn't eat when other kids were or sometimes I would have to eat when the other kids were having fun. Not to mention the torture of multiple shots each day and poking my finger for blood sugar testing.
I was diagnosed right before my 7th birthday with type "one" diabetes also known as juvenile diabetes. This also means I will be insulin dependent for the rest of my life, unless they find a cure. Everyday I wish I could be like other people my age. I do not want to have this disease nor do I want anyone else to have it. I hope, when I'm older, I do not have the complications that are associated with this disease. The longer I have diabetes the more likely I am to develop complications including kidney disease, heart disease, stroke, and nerve damage leading to amputation. I am also likely to live 15 years shorter than a normal person.
Diabetes effects more than 150 million people world wide! Today more than 17 million Americans have the disease, 5-7 million remain undiagnosed. Type one diabetes usually hits in childhood, but it lasts a lifetime. I am the only one in my family to have type one diabetes. Most people do not know it can strike any family and any child and that you can never grow out of it.
On Sunday, September 12, 2004, my family and friends will be walking together in the Metro Detroit and Southeast Michigan Walk To Cure Diabetes, at Gallup Park in Ann Arbor at 8:30 am, benefiting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). We have been walking for the past 10 years. We would like to ask for your support by sending a tax-deductible contribution to us that we can submit to JDRF on that day. We are holding a raffle, for items being donated by supporting vendors. Your name will be entered for every $10.00 you send. The drawing will take place at Lightning/Harley TruckFest 2004. You do not need to be present to win or collect your prize. Please help me, and the millions of other people with diabetes, fight diabetes and find a cure.
JDRF gives more resources to diabetes research than any nonprofit, non-governmental organization in the world. Over 80% of every dollar raised by JDRF is channeled directly into research efforts. Since 1970 they have provided over $680 million to diabetes research. If you'd like to walk with us please call us at 734-699-8545 or you can register online at http://www.jdrf.org/. Be sure to sign up as a team walker on the Marecle Family Team. Please support us by making your check payable to JDRF and mail it to the address below by September 20th, or donate online at http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=85803667, or you can catch up to us at L/HD TruckFest. Thank you for your donations and words of support. We are very grateful. For more information about the walk you can also call us or visit the website.

Thank you,
Stephanie Marecle
7247 Fay Drive
Belleville, MI 48111

Raffle Drawing Prizes

Factory Tech Total Domination Converter-for any year/tranny including diesel (Retail value $950)

3 Factory Tech Transmission Coolers (Retail value $156 each)
1 L&S Automotive complete oil separator kit (Retail value $200)

1 Forced Air Kit From JLP
1 set of drop shackels From JLP

LFP 13" triple clutch torque converter (Retail value $599.00)

Predator tuning module--Donated by "03LightninRocks"
PLUS a tune for it donated by SAL at PSP

JDM Tranny Valve kit--Donated by NLOC and Larry Simmons

Last edited:
Hello to all NLOC members and board users,;w

I also have a grandson and a grandnephew that both have juvenile diabetes. It is common and can hit any family...hopefully not yours. But be sure to help Stephanie, Clint and Ian, plus thousands of other by supporting this research for a cure!:tu:

...Dwight...

This was sent to me....

Donation For the Raffle
Hello,

My name is Ron Durham, I post on the Forums as 03LightningRock.

I would be able to contribute a Predator tuning module for the raffle.

I have talked to Sal at PSP and he has gratiously agreed to provide a free tune to the winner of the Predator at Lightning Fest. The winner will just need to take it by Sals Booth and provide Sal with the details of his or her modifications and Sal will do the tuning. If it makes it easier, I can get the Predator to Sal and the winner can go to Sal to pick it up.

There should be some interest in this prize as Sal is highly respected in the community for his Tuning abilities.

I know this may be a bit out of the ordinary as I am simply a fellow Lightning owner. I had purchased this more out of curiousity than need. It is brand spanking new, in the Box. I had planned to sell it, but when I saw your thread, decided I would prefer to help out the cause.

Keep up the good work....I hope this will help to gain a few more raffle ticket purchases.

After you get it listed.....Sal and/or myself will make a couple posts pointing to it.

Sincerely,

Ron Durham
03LightningRock

UPDATE

Here is the latest list of prizes:

Raffle Drawing Prizes

Factory Tech Total Domination Converter-for any year/tranny including diesel (Retail value $950)

3 Factory Tech Transmission Coolers (Retail value $156 each)
1 L&S Automotive complete oil separator kit (Retail value $200)

1 Forced Air Kit From JLP---(Retail vale $285)
1 set of drop shackels From JLP ---(Retail value $109)

LFP 13" triple clutch torque converter (Retail value $599.00)

Predator tuning module--Donated by "03LightninRocks" (listed value at $418)
PLUS a tune for it donated by SAL at PSP

JDM Tranny Valve kit--Donated by NLOC and Larry Simmons

Last edited:
A BIG THANKS to Ron and Sal for their donations!!!
You guys are great!
:dp: :tu: :3g:

Hi Wayne,

The NLOC and Larry Simmons will donate a JDM Tranny Valve kit. I will give you the kit at LF!

...Dwight...

Will you have a table set up at LF? If not look for a Grabber Blue Super Cab Lightning and ask for Roy and I will give you a donation at the event. I'll try to bring a few things for the drawing also.

Roy

Hi Roy
Yes, we will have "something" set up at LF. Thanks!

Thanks for the donations everyone!

Can we donate money at Lfest? If so will that still make us available for the raffle?

"Can we donate money at Lfest? If so will that still make us available for the raffle?"

Yes

Back