NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Hello to all,

There are 3 kinds of personal radios being sold:
14 Channel FRS
15 Channel GMRS
22 Channel GMRS

Channels 1-7 are the only channels that will work on all 3 types.

So I suggest that the people with radios in the convoys use one of these channels to ensure that everyone can talk.;i

BigD said:
Hello to all,

There are 3 kinds of personal radios being sold:
14 Channel FRS
15 Channel GMRS
22 Channel GMRS

Channels 1-7 are the only channels that will work on all 3 types.

So I suggest that the people with radios in the convoys use one of these channels to ensure that everyone can talk.;i

We have requested all persons in the convoy up I-35 from Dallas have these set up to channel 5, subchannel 4. I think that'll give us what we need while we're driving. Hopefully everyone will have radios with both channels and subchannel (aka privacy codes).

Tom

I have a question that I will try to word as best as possible (since I know NOTHING about two-way radios).

Ok, I know that these Motorola Talk-Abouts have a 5-7 miles range. Now, if a few of us coming up from Illinois have them set to channel 5, subchannel 4 we aren't going to interfere w/ you guys since there's a short range, correct? But, we could potentially hear you once we get closer to your listed "pick-up" locations, yes?

Make sense??? :)

lightning_girl_94 said:
I have a question that I will try to word as best as possible (since I know NOTHING about two-way radios).

Ok, I know that these Motorola Talk-Abouts have a 5-7 miles range. Now, if a few of us coming up from Illinois have them set to channel 5, subchannel 4 we aren't going to interfere w/ you guys since there's a short range, correct? But, we could potentially hear you once we get closer to your listed "pick-up" locations, yes?

Make sense??? :)

Perfectly. You won't hear us due to the short range...probably won't hear us if you are at the track and we are at the hotel. Probably the only time you'll hear us is if you are in the same proximity as us (i.e. we're all at the track). If you're within a couple of miles of us you'll hear us, but if you're further out than that, you won't have any contact with us whatsoever.

Tom

What Frequency Range Are Those Talk Abouts? Reason I Want To Know Is I Have A Programmable Kenwood That I Could Use.

tliss said:
Perfectly. You won't hear us due to the short range...probably won't hear us if you are at the track and we are at the hotel. Probably the only time you'll hear us is if you are in the same proximity as us (i.e. we're all at the track). If you're within a couple of miles of us you'll hear us, but if you're further out than that, you won't have any contact with us whatsoever.

Tom

Awesome.

The excitement is growing.

Back