Radio and speaker wiring.

FlaresideF150

I have a 95 F150 regular cab and my old radio sucked so this weekend i went to bestbuy and bought a new radio with new front speakers and they sound good but i'm still having the same problem i had before which is every time i hit a bump, the one side cuts out and i hit another bump and they come on. Also the speaker behind the seat on the drivers side doesn't work and i have it piggy backed off the other side. I let bestbuy install it to fix the nightmare the previous owner made when he cut the wiring harness out and just taped all the connections. I got new speakers for the doors and the ones behind the seat are factory original. I know they both work so its has to be the wiring. Has anyone rewired their truck and if so, was it hard and do you have any tips or pictures? Thanks.

i would just rewire your speakers with a quality speaker wire and bypass the stock wiring, not hard to do but it can be time consuming routing it all so its hidden, make sure your polarity is correct.

Busted wire or a screw through the harness. Best bet is to pull the seats and carpet (Half hour job, tops) and re-run your speaker wires. Tedious, but do-able.

Need to check ur speaker wires like stated above. But also, idk what stereo system yours came with, but the lightnings came with an amplifier under the dash. When u run an aftermarket deck through this amp, it will send mixed signals to the speakers and it will make that drivers rear speaker not work.

Need to check ur speaker wires like stated above. But also, idk what stereo system yours came with, but the lightnings came with an amplifier under the dash. When u run an aftermarket deck through this amp, it will send mixed signals to the speakers and it will make that drivers rear speaker not work.

Where is the amp? I've had the dash off before and didnt see one.

NO thats the airbag computer,
look at the link I posted
there is a picture of the amp, and extension harness used with the factory premium sound amp.

Back