radiator support

White 95

I just bought a replacement radiator support and will be installing it soon. Before I do I know some of you guys have done this all ready and wanted to get instructions from one or two of you before I started. Anything to save time , skinned knuckles, and broken bolts. Where to start????

Make sure you got new mounting hardware and bushings. More then likely the bolts will be ruined and if you are replacing the core support, the bushings are shot too. Pretty straight forward.

Pretty straight forward.

+1...

No special tools, talents or magic. Just remove everything on and around the piece... bumper, headlights, headlight supports, header panel, harness retainers, radiator, AC condenser, etc.

The only other thing I'd recommend is that when you get your OE one out take detailed photos of both the front and back sides so you'll be able to remind yourself where all of the j-clips go. Also, be sure to bag up and label all fasteners that you remove. There are quite a number of small items that can get forgotten and/or lost.

Also, regarding the removal of the mounts... http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-r...99234-core-support-mount-cushion-removal.html

With a little tounge in cheek and holding your mouth just right, it can be pulled and replaced with the AC Condenser and Radiator left in place with out busting the lines or hoses.

Pulled it off a couple months back, kinda like wrestling a gater but do-able!

I belive I had pulled the fan shroud and fan, as I was replacing them with electric unit anyway.

Back