r heads

damageinc

diesels are faster...
hey dave,
i bought longtubes and mid pipes from you a few months ago, and was wondering if there was anything you could do for me for trick flow r heads. i know trick flow sells a flange, but i was also hoping for 2 inch primaries. or any ideas you have
thanks
josh

There are adapter plates made that will allow the use of regular SBF bolt pattern headers to fit the R heads... Jerry Skinner AKA GJLS here on the board has a set for sale if you want to go that route...These will allow you to use your current headers and exhaust...

Hooker has Super Comp headers in 1 3/4 and 2" that will fit the R head and work on a Lightning... You would have to adapt the the collectors to fit up to my exhaust though...

It would also be possable to cut off the flanges on your current headers, Buy some round R flanges and make a 1 7/8"- 1 3/4 step type header... I could do this but i would have to have your heads and headers to do it and cost would be about $250.

I would not run 2" primarys unless your planning on making over 800hp

TTYL,
Dave

thanks a lot. the motor will have r heads, trick flow intake, custom cam and a 100 shot, will 1 3/4" headers be enough? this should be about 600 hp

thanks for answering the questions. at this point i am going to use cnc ported trick flow twisted wedge heads and a blower on a 357 instead of r heads and a 408. i will be ordering a set of 1 3/4"s shortly

Last edited:
Back