Quick Release Door Hinges

i grinded the groves off the factory pins. then keep the factory hinges and just remove the pin from the hinge. door comes off easily

Looks good... but just leaving the factory hinges alone and making the hinge pin removable isn't really that difficult. The hinges support the weight of the door and you can just push the pin into the hinges and your done.

Looks good... but just leaving the factory hinges alone and making the hinge pin removable isn't really that difficult. The hinges support the weight of the door and you can just push the pin into the hinges and your done.
I wasn't sure how that would work when I am by myself at the track (most of the time) so I went with the idea in the video.

I wasn't sure how that would work when I am by myself at the track (most of the time) so I went with the idea in the video.
Gotcha.... it works fine. I took the doors off and put them on by myself every time. And I've got a bad back. It's really not that difficult

Has anyone looked at using earlier model doors? The external appearance doesn't appear to have changed from the early 80s, but almost everything gains weight with age. I know there have been a few different door latch mechanisms and mirrors used over the years that I suspect are lighter than the 92-96 versions. I think the Unser Edition mirrors are probably 2-3 lbs lighter than the 92-96 mirrors and they don't stick out as far, so maybe a little less drag as well.

Has anyone looked at using earlier model doors? The external appearance doesn't appear to have changed from the early 80s, but almost everything gains weight with age. I know there have been a few different door latch mechanisms and mirrors used over the years that I suspect are lighter than the 92-96 versions. I think the Unser Edition mirrors are probably 2-3 lbs lighter than the 92-96 mirrors and they don't stick out as far, so maybe a little less drag as well.
If my memory is right, there are some subtle changes to the door lines 80-86, 87-91 and 92-96, but they will all work.

Back