Questions on upgrades

R

rd95lightning

I have a 95 lightning that I am extremely pleased with. But I am getting ready to add a few extras to my red monster. I was wondering if any one had any suggestions for performance.Currently the only thing that has been done is the K&N filter. I'm working in a tight budget, but I was thinking about Bassani exhaust, and a 1100 series Superchip. Please guide me if these are a bad idea.
Thanks in advance!!!

Skip the Superchip, won't help on a stock truck. Get the exhaust and some underdrive pullies(less than a $100). A shift kit would be another good, cheap investment and you will be able to feel the difference.

------------------
Laurence Weiler
NLOC #339
12.78 @ 105.47MPH
fe6c1ae0.jpg

What kind of benefit will the underdrive pullies give me, and do I need to take any precautions for those. Also do you have any suggestions on price or brand of shift kit. I was under the impression the chip would boost the timing and add hp&t.
Thanks,

The underdrives will give you about .2-.3 in the quarter. Most guys here go with the Level 10 shift kit. On a stock truck, a chip will only benefit you with a removed speed limiter. The chip will boost the timing but you can do that yourself without a chip. If you ask most owners, a chip is worthless on a basically stock truck.

------------------
Laurence Weiler
NLOC #339
12.78 @ 105.47MPH
fe6c1ae0.jpg

I just want to make sure I'm making the smart upgrades instead of wasteing alot of money and time. HP is the goal!! Your truck looks sweet and nice times. I'm trying to get there. Should I change the K&N to cold air induction or will it help? And is the speed limiter able to be changed any other ways. It kicks in around 110-120.
Thanks again

What kind of money are we looking to spend?Id also pass on the chip unless you just have to run over 110.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
TeamPowerdyne
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
Hungry out of work eat your IMPORT

View

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rd95lightning:
I just want to make sure I'm making the smart upgrades instead of wasteing alot of money and time. </font>

Well, all you need to do is search through this forum and you will see that there is no rock left unturned, everything has been tried, and tested. The beauty of this site is a person doesnt have to bear the expense of lessons learned if he does his homework.
Later
Steve

------------------
94 Crimson.
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne,
13.56@ 101mph
326rwhp
Wanting 12's
fec387a6.jpg.thumb.jpg

I am looking to spend between 5-7 hundred. Over 110 isn't really a issue at all in a 1/4 mile but it would be nice right. Nice ride I definatley have to get some digital pictures of mine.
Thanks for the help in advance!!

Back