Question for Nan

Vern

How many late-comers can we expect, based on revious lfests? The news of mm&ff coming hasn't spiked the registrations like I thought it would I know we've got a few bustin their *** and trashing to get the truck ready to go but it just ain't that easy . Sometimes stuff happens. And now I'm so tired after taking a pill and some whiskey that I should sleep tonight - ALL of tonight.

Vern

Last year we had 28 register at the gate! As for spectators, we had about 100 (just a guess).

Pills and whiskey...is your back causing troubles again? GET WELL!

Nan

Thanks Nan. After re-reading that post, I must have already been asleep before I finished it. (Night shifts must be getting to me worse than I thought) Back is relatively ok, although it flared up last w/e, thanks for asking.

I was just wondering where the club was at compared to last yr as far as registrations. Sure hope the club comes out ok, with sponsors pulling out and all . .

Vern said:
How many late-comers can we expect, based on revious lfests? The news of mm&ff coming hasn't spiked the registrations like I thought it would I know we've got a few bustin their *** and trashing to get the truck ready to go but it just ain't that easy . Sometimes stuff happens. And now I'm so tired after taking a pill and some whiskey that I should sleep tonight - ALL of tonight.

Vern
i'll probably catch h#@* for this, but really don't care. i'm 62 and have had show cars and trucks for most of my life and in my opinion, these shows are about to price themselves out of business. i generally go to goodguys events, james dean show in ind, back to 50's in minn. and many others. NONE of these events have the entry fee the Lfest has, and they have many, many, more vendors, huge giveaways, and off site events than Lfest has.
i live in the k.c. area and have no desire to pay nearly $100.00 to attend this event.
if you have sponsors, i've never understood the need for the admission price to be so high. isn't that what sponsors do...take up a little slack as far as the cost of the event?
i hope you have a good show, but in my opinion, you could lower the entry to 50 bucks and maybe have twice the attendance. later, bud

Just to give you a little something to compare the cost to, here's the costs for this weekends event that I'm going to.

Mini-Nats XXIII registration fee (mandatory)
$30
Saturday Open Track
$290
Sunday Open Track
$290
Vintage Exhibition
$150
Garage Rental
$125
Saturday Awards Banquet (per person)
$40
Event T-Shirt
$18
Event Sweatshirt
$26
Friday BBQ at track
$10
Friday Team Event
FREE*
Popular Vote Car Show entry
FREE*
Vendor Expo space (up to 40 foot space)
FREE*
Overnight Camping in Sears Point Paddock
FREE
(* must be registered Mini-Nats XXIII participant)

The cost to attend L-Fest is small by comparision and these fees are about average around here so quit whining about the price especially when you live there. Think about the people that are driving 4000 miles and their costs.

Roy

I traveled from Washington with my son by airliner for 3 of the last 4 years. The kinship that this get together provides is all worth it IMHO. Lightning owners are one of the best club members out there, and Ive been in a few clubs in my 48 years. Track rentals for three days arent chump change.

thistlef100 said:
i'll probably catch h#@* for this, but really don't care. i'm 62 and have had show cars and trucks for most of my life and in my opinion, these shows are about to price themselves out of business. i generally go to goodguys events, james dean show in ind, back to 50's in minn. and many others. NONE of these events have the entry fee the Lfest has, and they have many, many, more vendors, huge giveaways, and off site events than Lfest has.
i live in the k.c. area and have no desire to pay nearly $100.00 to attend this event.
if you have sponsors, i've never understood the need for the admission price to be so high. isn't that what sponsors do...take up a little slack as far as the cost of the event?
i hope you have a good show, but in my opinion, you could lower the entry to 50 bucks and maybe have twice the attendance. later, bud

Are you comparing car shows in a parking lot to renting a drag strip for 3 days? I pay $15-20 for a local test n tune night where I might get 5 runs in. I would gladly pay $100 for basically an open track day - and at Lfest you get 3 days.

-Mark

Back