Q on Pan Hard Bar install

Rippin_01

An AMERICAN
Ruslow i was wondering on the install should there be a hole drilled through the flat plate were the Axle bump stop attaches to the frame? when i installed the frame mounted part (the black box with the L on it) just the washer and nut from the axle bump stop held down the end of the flate plated part. it basicly pinched it to the frame.

also my other question is should the frame mounted part have a space between the upper or lower part of the frame?basicly not a snug fit?

The bar works great and there is deffenatly a difference in the way the rear end handles hard accelerating corners.

thanks for the wonderful product and i hope to be ordering many more shortly. thanks Stan

Mark

PS- Any pics of an installed one would be great thanks a ton

Yes you will have to drill a hole for the bracket so that the bump stop bolt holds it firmly.As for the gap there will be one its about a 1/4 inch tighten the top bolt first then the bottom if you like you can slip a washer between the frame and bracket that is fine too.Stan

but when i tightend the two bolts on the box part there still didnt need to be a hole drilled in the flat plate. but i have to do it all over agian anyway so ill see if i can figure it out. thanks stan.

Rippin_01 said:
...Any pics of an installed one would be great thanks a ton
panhard2.jpg

panhard3.jpg

hey thanks for the pics guys. I thought that i did it exactly as the instructions said but i guess i missed something or my truck is just an odd one out there. im going to double check everything when im back home and redo the frame mounted part.

thanks agian Mark

FastGator it will tell you all of that in the instructions. tighten the top bolt first and this will help you out with the alignments youll have to make. jsut a suggestion i have yet to go back and rework what ive already done. good luck and youll love the results. later

The rear end bracket in my picture was from an older design. Fast foward thru three different brackets and the bar attachment changed each time.

As far as the length, that'll be in the instructions.

High Velocity Gator-man

Unless you're specifically tuning/adjusting the bar for a certain type of track, keep it as horizontal as possible.

Also, I would recommend attaching the bar on the FRONT side of the axle bracket, not the rear. Lesson learned.

Stan/Spike, correct me if I am mistaken

Bob

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for the pan hard bar install? I bought my bar from Stan quite awhile ago and never received instructions on the installiation. I would appreciate any help with this.

John..

Back