Pulley Change

H

Hotdog

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to share the story of the 30 min. pulley change that went into 6 hrs. at a Chev. High Performance shop (Thunder Racing).
Showed up in Baton Rouge,(another town) to have my truck Dyno'ed after we changed the pulley.
Started at 3:30 pm and did not finish until 9:00 pm, to late to do the Dyno. Started with a ASP puller, took our time but still failed with the puller. Broke the puller, bent the pulley and had to pull the front of the blower off and press the pulley off and on. Spent a long night with all of my Chev. friends laughing and ragging me about my hard to work on Ford Hotdog. (Had to share my Hotdog story).
This was a real pain and be aware that some pulleys do not pull off and will have to be pressed. We also spent a lot of time grinding the end to get the pulley on. Did not want to leave it out of line with the rest of the pulleys.
Called ASP and told them about the $160 pile of broken parts. These guys were real nice and I am sending the parts to him so he can make changes and he is refuning my money.
Sometimes things just don't work!
Alvin

Back