Proposed Lightning/Harley TruckFest 2004 Schedules and Classes

We need to get all the 10 sec trucks in one class and have a shootout....maybe everyone chip in $50 and winner take all :tu:

I would pay 50.00 to run the class. And maybe an extra 10.00 per entry so that #1 qualifier could get paid. That would eliminate sandbagging.:D

That is a great idea Mike.....$60 to race and $10 goes to the #1 qualifier that way the racers would be sponsoring there own class

I have updated the classes and schedule. Thanks to Shawn for his help.:tu:

...Dwight...

LF 2004 Does NOT conflict with NMRA or FFW!

Hello to all and rdy2rac,;w

NMRA has moved their Bowling Green event to September 30-Oct 3 2004. Thus their event falls after Lightning/HD-TruckFest 2004. So start planning your September 2004 right now:
  • 17 - 19 September 2004 - FFW, Ennis TX
  • 24 - 26 September 2004 - Lightning/HD-TruckFest 2004, Topeka KS
  • 30 September - 3 October 2004 - NMRA, Bowling Green KY

It looks like a road trip that starts in TX and then rolls north and east for three weeks!:3g:

...Dwight...

Skid Pad Comp?

Have you ever considered setting up a 200 ft. skid pad? Drivers could then test their handling/lowering mods and compare their trucks to the .85g stock rating. You could have a competition.

It would be great to have some empirical data on the effects of various handling mods.

Re: LF 2004 Does NOT conflict with NMRA or FFW!

BigD said:
Hello to all and rdy2rac,;w

NMRA has moved their Bowling Green event to September 30-Oct 3 2004. Thus their event falls after Lightning/HD-TruckFest 2004. So start planning your September 2004 right now:
  • 17 - 19 September 2004 - FFW, Ennis TX
  • 24 - 26 September 2004 - Lightning/HD-TruckFest 2004, Topeka KS
  • 30 September - 3 October 2004 - NMRA, Bowling Green KY

It looks like a road trip that starts in TX and then rolls north and east for three weeks!:3g:

...Dwight...

ok you got me on this one, i'll have to see what we can do to make it out. but being that we are for sure going to nmra not sure if i can get the weekend before off plus travel time.:?

Re: Skid Pad Comp?

clemslightning said:
Have you ever considered setting up a 200 ft. skid pad? Drivers could then test their handling/lowering mods and compare their trucks to the .85g stock rating. You could have a competition.

It would be great to have some empirical data on the effects of various handling mods.

I love the idea of this!!!! It would be fascinating to see how different lowering setups work and stack up against each other.

After scheduled activities

Usually on Fridays and Saturday nights there is a pretty large gathering of cars on Wanamaker the main road in Topeka. I guess the point of this post is to gather everyone out there after the days events. if you still want to hang out before heading for the hotels. usually there are some ricers that need to be put in there place. as wells as a gathering of cobras and mach ones. its just where everyone in topeka goes to talk to other enthusiasts and and as pointless as it seems to just drive around. to get there take 75 ,which is the road that HPT is on, down to 470 and take that on around to 21st street and then make a left and that hooks up with Wanamaker.

Garry-
2000 Red L
Topeka KS

Back