8:00A Gates open
8:45A-4:00P Drag Tech inspection
9:00A-Noon Test and Tune
Noon-1:00P Lunch
1:00P-1:45P Test and Tune
1:00P-1:45P True Street cruise
2:00P-2:45P True Street qualifying
2:45P-5:30P 1st round qualifying
5:30P-10:00P KC Ford Plant tour?? (this is not certain)
6:00P-9:00P Dinner/meet other participants
9:30P Gates close

Saturday 25 September

8:00A Gates open
8:45A-10:30A Drag Tech inspection
8:30A-11:30A 2nd & 3rd round qualifying
11:45A-Noon Group picture
Noon-1:00P Lunch
1:00P-6:00P Drag eliminations
7:00P-7:45P Award presentations
8:00P-10:30P Grudge racing and burnout contest??
11:00P Gates close

Sunday 26 September

7:00A Gates open
7:00A-8:15A Open Track tech inspection
8:30A-9:15A Drivers meeting
9:30A-11:30A Group runs
10:00A-11:45A Show judging
11:45A-12:30P Parade laps
1:00P-4:30P Group runs
1:00P-5:00P Show class games
1:00P-4:00P Autocross
5:00P Gates close

Proposed Classes:

Lightning/Harley TruckFest 2004 Classes
As of 11 Dec 2003

Drag Classes
  • Street Lightning 13.00 and slower (bracket)
  • Street HD Truck 13.00 and slower (bracket)
  • Pro Street Lightning/HD Truck 12.99 and faster (bracket)
  • Pro Lightning/HD Truck 11.99 and faster (heads-up)
  • Street shootout Lightning winners VS HD Truck winners (bracket)
  • True Street Lightning/HD combined (bracket-12 trucks minimum)
  • Diesel Truck (bracket)

Show Classes
  • Gen 1 Stock
  • Gen 2 Stock
  • HD Stock
  • Gen 1 Modified
  • Gen 2 Modified
  • HD Modified
  • Gen 1/2/HD Unlimited Modified (combined)

Trophies for 1st, 2nd in each class
Trophy for Best of Show

We are looking for comments and suggestions!

...Dwight...

i'm SO there dude! :db: :db: :db: :db: :db:

looks like i'll be judging a lot of nice trucks!!!

i'll need a bigger boat! :bd:

sounds good i like that there a gen 1 stock and gen 1 mod and gen 2 stock and gen 2 mod class in shows cause i can not even come close to some gen 2's with all the cash they have in em

i'll try my hardest to be there next year

We originally had the Gen 1 and 2 show classes separated for LightningFest 2003. But there were just not enough entries to justify all the money for the trophies....so we combined them. Hopefully there will be over 60 entries next year....and as Brooks has promised, GIANT sized trophies. ;)

...Dwight...

my idea on the show classes was to have 3 separate classes with all trucks combined..
"mild"
"wild"
"radical"

with first, second & third place trophies in each category.

also, there should be a "best of show" and a "peoples choice" that everyone at the show can vote on.
maybe we can hand out slips to everyone that comes thru the gate so they can vote.

:db:

I was kinda disappointed the S/L class was not open comp format... I know thats extra work, but just idea.

I've never seen a HD truck run 12's Are there any that can ? I'm going to have my Lightning there for sure next year if it puts me in the poor house or kill's me.

FASTFORD said:
I've never seen a HD truck run 12's Are there any that can ? I'm going to have my Lightning there for sure next year if it puts me in the poor house or kill's me.

They were well into the 11's months ago Brian.........

--Joe

Can I drag just to see what i get instead of racing? lol I dun wanna embarras myself :hh:

BigD said:
That is what T&T + grudge racing is for!:D

:hh::hh: duurrrr.... thx lol

Last edited:
being as NMRA always runs their Finals on the last weekend in Sept. looks like We and most likely JLP and PSP wont be atending Lfest 2004 again this year. To bad to i was planning on making it out to this one.

Hello rdy2rac,

We are trying to get a firm date for NMRA 2004, and THEN make our event fit between FFW Ennis and NMRA BG. NMRA won't give us a firm date until 15 Dec...too late. If we can fit beteween FFW and NMRA, JL has said that they will come to L/HDTF 2004....PSP??

...Dwight...

do you like eating marshmallows? then you'll love the marshmallow stuffing contest!
every participant will win as many marshmallows as they can stuff in their mouths.. LOL

:db: :db: :db: ;g

Have one heads up class for race trucks(Backhalf/fronthalf/mini tubbed/lencos etc..

One heads up class for 100 percent street trucks(True street) that have on them current tags,insurance etc..suspension must be in stock location with working lights,wipers,interior there etc...Have them all take a 30 mile drive and pull right to the staging lanes type of thing.

Have no GEN1 or GEN2 only class this time.Just some ideas Ill be there no matter what though.

Last edited:
I like all of those ideas but I think I would like to run the street class. The only thing I am unsure of is if Jerry and Justin do front suspention work they will not be able to run the street class and I always look forward to racing with those guys too.

mark408 said:
I like all of those ideas but I think I would like to run the street class. The only thing I am unsure of is if Jerry and Justin do front suspention work they will not be able to run the street class and I always look forward to racing with those guys too.

Mine will still be street legal and will have no problem with a 30 mile criuse :D

Back