Project Bling - Update

Brian K

A quick update on the project for those that have wondered:

As others with the 3.4 have confirmed, there is definitely some fuel issues after the 700 rwhp mark. They started showing themselves at 716 rwhp to be exact. So, JDM is investigating how to upgrade the already upgraded (LOL) fuel system. That 716 was through a 3" exhaust system with CATs in place, 12 degrees timing.

We will probably end up with a -8AN line from tank to rail (its -6AN now) and some sort of aftermarket fuel rail.

Then the question is how far will 255 pumps and 60 # injectors get us........

In addition, the SCT 2800 MAF will probably max around 775'ish HP. Hmmmm......what to do then???

So for those thinking of a 3.4........... Be prepared for fuel upgrades to take full advantage of the possibilities.

Just guessing, the whipple inlet is not the restriction at this point.

When does a built block with rods rated at 900HP become an issue???? :headscratch:

It would appear that 10 second pump gas trucks will be no problem with this setup.

Have a great Christmas

Well, latest is 740 at the wheels. Ran out of injector (60#) at that point.

Waiting on the remaining fuel component parts to finish it up.

Larger rails, injectors and lines.

That's what I've been hearing from a few others also. Looks like 75# injectors and a Magnafuel pump is in order.

Things are coming together. I dont have all the details, however, the ones everyone wants to know:

630 on pump gas @ 20psi

I'll post some dyno pics when I get them.

Last edited:
What was done to support those #s? I am trying to plan my offseason "to do" list. Those results look favorable. Can't wait to see some track times coming from the "worked" 3.4 trucks!
Jim

Jim,

Whats up??

While I cannot confirm exact parts used (I really dont know 100% of all details yet) I can confirm Aeromotive rails, -8 lines to rails and 72# injectors. Details which I do not know are Pump setup and MAF. However, Jim has all data on that. He has tried several combinations and has done a lot of different tests to arrive where we are today.

******Just in***** 10.87 @ 123.50 on 93 octane street tune @ 20 psi. 1.55 60' --- Temps in the 80s

I'll keep the updates coming as I hear new data.

Another update------------>

10.56 on the 50/50 93/100 octane setup. Still at 20psi.

:thumbup:

<-----------------

Back