Problems

D

Derek Brown

I ran a self test on my L and it gave me a 33 hard fault code and a 332 memory code. I called the ford place and they said the 33 was an oxygen sensor and the 332 was insufficent egr flow. I went to the parts place and orded two egr valves so far and none were right should i go to the ford place or does someone have the part number for autozone or advanced auto. Do i need to replace the egr sensor or valve. I have a 95 L. Will it fix the code 33.

------------------
Lightning Has Struck!

Did you replace the 02 sensor yet.that should fix one of your codes anyway.Id go ahead and replace the EGR also if you can get the right one sorry I dont have the part number.Thought for sure someone would have the number for ya.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne

My suggestion to you is to buy the EGR valve from the Ford dealership. From working part time at an electrical auto shop aftermarket EGR's have not been the way top go. I would also suggest that you buy the sensor that attaches to it. I cant remember what its called but it is connected to the EGR valve by a vacuum hose. You cant miss it. Hope this helps
Jason N.
95 Red #225

NO i havent replaced the o2 sensor, my friend told me if i fixed the egr that the code would go away, and if the o2 sensor was messed the check engine light would stay on. The truck is not showing any significant differences in running so i though maybe it's just a bad sensor causing the light to come on. what do you think? if i have to i will go to ford and buy tho o2 sensor and the egr valve and sensor.

------------------
Lightning Has Struck!

I'VE WORKED FOR FORD FOR 7 YRS NOW AS A DRIVABILITY TECH, THE BEST WAY TO GET THE RIGHT PARTS IS LOOK INSINE THE DRIVERS DOOR AND GET THE CALIBRATION CODE, ITS ON A SMALL WHITE TAG ABOUT 1"X2" IT WILL PUT THE PARTS LISTING RIGHT TO THE PROPER PARTS FOR YOUR TRUCK, AND FOR CODE 33 I DONT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I SEEN IT WITHOUT THE VEHICLE NEEDING A 02 SENSOR, AS FAR AS THE EGR VALVE YOU WILL WANT TO REPLACE IT ALONG WITH THE EVP SENSOR (EXHAUST VALVE POSITION SENSOR), IT TELLS THE PCM THE POSITION OF THE EGR VALVE

We need to drag Mark Hebard in here for this one. He has some excellent insight in EGR flow problems on the Lightning trucks.

I wish I had the brainpower to remember all the details he rattled off at me a few weeks ago when the topic came up.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC
#74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
#?? in '00 - 13.68@99.5

Thanks guys, i replaced the position sensor on the egr and the check engine light doesn't come on anymore. I am going to run the diagnostics to make sure every thing is ok

------------------
Lightning Has Struck!

Back