Pro Street Lightning Class Rules

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Pro Street Lightning Class

WMS/NLOC - Pro Street Lightning Rules
  • Open to Ford Lightning and Harley Davidson trucks only, running 12.99 and faster
  • All-Run Field
  • Open Comp format
  • Handicapped (.500) Sportsman tree
  • Deep Staging Permitted
  • Per NHRA Rules any truck 12.99 or faster, and or running drag slicks must have a driveshaft Safety Loop
  • Full Chassis & Back-half trucks not permitted
  • Delay Boxes, Trans Brakes, Throttle Stops, Two-steps and other electronic bracket-racing devices used for the purpose of improving reaction time & E.T. are prohibited
  • Snell “SA95” or later, rated helmet required for all drivers
  • $250 1st, $150 2nd, $100 3rd (trophy’s)
Competition will be regulated under standard NHRA “First or Worst” competition policy during eliminations, in a double red light or double breakout situation.

IT IS THE COMPETITOR'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INSURE BOTH TRUCK AND DRIVER ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VEHICLE’S PERFORMANCE LEVEL

Look guys,

Pro Street just means faster than 13.00. It is .500 sportsman tree and NO electronics. These rules are the same as they have been for the last two events. We will not make changes to this or the Street class rules!

Most of the people running in this class (read majority), are folks like me that are weekend racers and just doing this for fun....and happen to have a sub 13 second truck.

And there is fun, grudge racing also. Remember, many of the fast ones red-lighted or broke.....there is always a chance!:D

The Lightning does not have a drive shaft loop installed from the factory. Everyone that has one installed, did so as an after-market upgrade.

Some tracks do not enforce the drive shaft rule, but others do. The loop keeps the truck from "pole-vaulting" if the front end of the shaft breaks during a run down the strip or on the street.:bigtu:

Which one is best to get

Guess I will have to get one. Was thinking of getting a traction bar anyway. Be good to do both at same time, I guess. See yah in KC. Any suggestions on which ones to get????????????
MO Money.:cuss:

Last edited:
Hello Sheldon,

Most of the board SVs sell both drive shaft loops and traction bars...do get both.:tu:
At your 1/4 mile times, you will snap the U-joint without traction bars.:eek:

If I'm running slicks do I have to have c-clip eliminators?

P.S. I have traction bars and a drive shaft loop.

Two questions.

1.) I don't remember signing up for any class when I submitted my application. This is the class I'd like to run, so what do I need to do?

2.) I'm running Dr's do I need a driveshaft loop?

Hello Richard,:wave:

This is the class you selected on your LF registration.:tu:

Yes, you need a driveshaft loop in this class....actually any time you are running slicks by NHRA and IHRA rules, or running 12.99 or faster I believe. It is better to be safe than sorry.:rolleyes:

BigD said:
Hello Richard,:wave:

This is the class you selected on your LF registration.:tu:

Yes, you need a driveshaft loop in this class....actually any time you are running slicks by NHRA and IHRA rules, or running 12.99 or faster I believe. It is better to be safe than sorry.:rolleyes:

Pulled this from NHRA: A driveshaft loop will be required on all cars running 13.99 or quicker and utilizing slicks, except vehicles equipped with street tires running 11.49 or slower.

http://www.nhra.com/APCM/templates/news_template.asp?articleid=1818&zoneid=8

Let me know if this is correct? I'm running street tires and should be mid 12's or slower. Yes, I know it'd be safer if I had a d/s loop, but I currently don't. I've run at Belle Rose and have never been asked about this and at two FFW events.

Last edited:
Back