Pro Lightning Rules?

I Tried

I was wondering if there could be 2 pro classes, 1 running stock style front and rear suspension and 1 where anything goes. I feel the stock suspension trucks will have a hard time running with 4 link trucks and there are alot of fast stock suspension trucks out there just not single digit stuff? Any thoughts?

BigD said:
NO changes! Run Pro Street Lightning.

Great Job BigD! These (Pro Lightning) class rules are the same as the Original 98' World Ford Challenge & 99' WFC2. :) These rules were Later changed by Sal @ PSP....
I think it is a great idea to go back to what was started for some exciting heads up Racing. I am a big fan to those who have raced fast trucks back in the day, guys like Robert Vajerian Winner of WFC1 & Legends like Jason Bown Winner of WFC2.
Great Job Again Dwight & the whole entire nloc! :D

Last edited:
Actually, in '98 there were two heads-up classes. "Pro" and "Stock." Pro was anything goes (I think there were 4 Pro trucks, the black truck that won - Robert Najarian, I believe? -, Jason Brown running low 10s at that point, Norman Briggs running 11s and Ketan Desai running lower 12s), stock was stock heads, high vacuum cam, etc. The "stock" trucks were running mid 13s and that was all porting, converters, tires, and weight reduction. Someone got busted running a Sneaky Pete. Charles Callaway, Tom Throneberry, Jeff Petersen, etc were the fast runners.

In '99 the "stock" class was handicapped since the Gen 2 Lightnings had started appearing. In '01 (I think, I was in CA then) both classes were handicapped.

We've actually got three classes (ignoring True Street for the moment), a "slow bracket", a "fast bracket", and a heads-up. So, they're basically like the current WFC classes except we also have a heads-up class.

I like heads up and the true street seems to be like on also other wise I will have to let it all hang out and see what I can bring to the party I know I cant win but I would rather see a 9 or 8 second truck pulling away from me rather than play the real him in game and break out because you ran a personal best. I suck at bracket racing. I have all summer to try to make my truck fast enough to be in the middle of the pack and I will see if lightning fest will work for me.

We will allow Transbrake and Two-step in Pro Street Lightning as WFC does.

Quick Time Pro are legal in any drag class at LightningFest as they are DOT legal.;g

This is Hoosier's notice on these tires:
NOTE: ALL D.O.T. HAVE PASSED D.O.T. REQUIREMENTS BUT HAVE A REDUCED SKID DEPTH TO FACILITATE RACING. DUE TO THIS REDUCED SKID, THESE TIRES ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR NORMAL HIGHWAY USE AS THE EXPECTED MILES OF WEAR OF THESE TIRES IS GREATLY REDUCED DUE TO THE ORIGINAL SHALLOW SKID DEPTH.

FMOS Racing said:
Actually, in '98 there were two heads-up classes. "Pro" and "Stock." Pro was anything goes (I think there were 4 Pro trucks, the black truck that won - Robert Najarian, I believe?

OK, I looked it up.
My Spelling was a bit off Jeff but I'm pretty much on track with who Won.

[On a side note]
It was later discovered that Varoujanian's truck was NOT a Real Lightning. It was a F150 XLT with crank windows & No power door locks but it was very Fast! (Not many Guys know that the First Lightning to WIN wasn't even a Real Lightning)

May 15, 1998
Robert Varoujanian drove the Metro Ford Lightning powered by a Fast Track Performance powerplant to a 9.70 E.T. @ 138 m.p.h. in Kentucky on May 15, 1998 to win the Pro Lightning class at the Mobil 1 World Ford Challenge.

Last edited:
Thanks Big D I Plan on attending the lightning fest this year the build up of my truck is taking alot longer than I thought. I have to decide on a class yet but look foreward to meeting alot of the people from this club.

Tim

Ralph, you must've been editing your post when I posted mine or something, because the reference to the winner of WFC1 wasn't in it when I made my post... I wasn't correcting yours or anything like that when I made mine, just reminiscing about the rules.

FMOS Racing said:
Ralph, you must've been editing your post when I posted mine or something, because the reference to the winner of WFC1 wasn't in it when I made my post... I wasn't correcting yours or anything like that when I made mine, just reminiscing about the rules.

OK, cool Jeff. :)

Back