Prepping a stock Gen 1 for a track day at Willow Springs Raceway CA

Built a bracket and mounted the Catch can. Also went with Performance Friction Z pads. $70 for the set can't be beat for track day pads.

AWVitZL.jpg

qsF4Tcy.jpg

g0QC91u.jpg

Yeah I'm right there with ya Jamie....Dave any chance you'd be interested in printing something small?

Truck is ready to go for tomorrow's track day. I played around with gopro views. I have 3 gopros so we can get some cool video. Let me know what you all think the best POV is. Here is a little test view clip I did today

How about putting it on the back of the cab shooting through the back window out the front? That way we could see the track on both sides of the truck, you, and hear the engine/tires, too.

This thread is awesome!
Reminds me I need to autocross mine, for my bucket list.

Do you have long bars?
I know my truck feels like jelly in the corners when they are not on, funny they have more uses than just straight line.

How about putting it on the back of the cab shooting through the back window out the front? That way we could see the track on both sides of the truck, you, and hear the engine/tires, too.

I don't have a way to mount it out back yet. I'll work on something for the next track day

No long bars. The truck is 100% Factory stock

Had a great day. My girlfriend and my Gen one buddy Caesar got some hi quality vids and photos. He came out with a tripod, an assortment of Gopros and some really fancy cameras etx... We'll get the footage up soon.

d5a28a8b25381fa5581ecc7fba3a8c71.jpg

06ed8137cc39f9d43a093b68cce21cbc.jpg
74183ffe1214e1321723abbda09ede8e.jpg

What a riot! Poor Beemer guy got dissed by a brick. Man, that looks like a full tilt blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave,

Fantastic thread and thanks for posting up the video. Looking at snow on the ground this morning, so jealous of the left coast weather and track access during the winter.

Yeah I'm glad you guys are enjoying this. I think this is what these trucks were built for so its nice to let them stretch their legs a little. Here's some pics I'm still waiting on the vids.

Hitting the skid pad

336fdf062291953814f1e688e64c8076.jpg

Blue flag is out signaling the slower traffic to move aside.

640f7e6a3fa5a2dab38a473a67ce7e98.jpg

Back