PowerTour 2010

We'll be there but at the Long Haulers awards this year, they announced that the PT was starting on the 12th not the 5th. This year was our third in the L.

OFFICIAL HRPT 2010 cities and venues, (and they're not starting in Bristol):

Starting date confirmed as June 5

2010 Hot Rod Power Tour schedule...
Saturday June 5 - Newton, Iowa - Iowa Speedway
Sunday June 6 - Springfield, IL - Downtown
Monday June 7 - Effingham, IL (Mid America Motor Works - Lunch Stop)
Monday June 7 - Du Quoin, IL - Fairgrounds
Tuesday June 8- Bowling Green, KY - Warren County Airport
Wednesday June 9 - Chattanooga, TN - Venue TBA
Thursday June 10 - Birmingham, AL - Venue TBA
Friday June 11- Mobile, AL - Venue TBA
Saturday June 12 - Mobile, AL (long haul picture)

Official Power Tour Announcement Monday, Oct 19:

2010 Power Tour Live Announcement Monday, Oct. 19!

The venues for the 2010 HOT ROD Magazine Power Tour presented by GM Performance Division will be announced Monday, October 19th at 11:30am Eastern, 10:30am Central, 9:30am Mountain and 8:30am Pacific right here on HOTROD.com.

The Kickoff Cruise Night presented by Painless Performance will take place on Saturday, June 5, 2010 from the location of our live announcement.

Join Jerry Pitt, Publisher of HOT ROD Magazine as we announce all of the cities for the 2010 HOT ROD Power Tour taking place June 5 through June 12, 2010.

During the live announcement, you’ll be able to chat with your fellow Power Tour enthusiasts and post your questions for us to answer in real time.

Immediately following the announcement, the venues will be posted on HOTROD.com and links to registration will be live. Don’t miss any update by texting "HRPT" to "59925."

looks like me & vern are going again---hotels booked from newton ia to bowling green ky-----

sorry guys----looks we wont make it this year----have fun & maybe next year

Last edited:
Any idea time wise when will be rolling thru peoria,IL, it a half hour drive from me.....would like to join the cruise to springfield........Im on a local forum in central,IL lots of peeps from here are wanting to know when they will be rolling thru town....

Last edited:
Any idea time wise when will be rolling thru peoria,IL, it a half hour drive from me.....would like to join the cruise to springfield........Im on a local forum in central,IL lots of peeps from here are wanting to know when they will be rolling thru town....

Generally, the drivers meeting is at 8:30 and you'll get to the next venue about 2-4 that afternoon. You're likely to see cars coming through anytime during that time span.

ok, I will be at springfield for sure... Leaving from peoria.....no L, sold it last aug 08, but will be in my 97 cobra.....

Long hauled last year but this year I think I'm just going to hit the first weekend. Have friends in the area that are planning on doing the first day and the second day isn't too far from just being on my way home.

2010 power tour

hey im a new lightning owner, and new to nloc. im an old school power tour participant however. this year will be my 12 power tour. if any of you have not gone ,and get the opportunity.........GO! it is the best car event ever .

hey im a new lightning owner, and new to nloc. im an old school power tour participant however. this year will be my 12 power tour. if any of you have not gone ,and get the opportunity.........GO! it is the best car event ever .
12th!!! Holy moley. This willl be the 4th long haul for my L.

I saw quite a few Lightnings in Newton. A couple of first gens. Red one with chromed stock wheels, a grabber blue one with 99-00 2nd gen wheels. Saw Several 2nd gens. Red one with black wheels, saw a white one on the track, a true blue one and I think one or two others besides mine. The trucks were pretty well represented. It was pretty tough to know what was really in Springfield. the lay out made it difficult to look at cars.

I saw quite a few Lightnings in Newton. A couple of first gens. Red one with chromed stock wheels, a grabber blue one with 99-00 2nd gen wheels. Saw Several 2nd gens. Red one with black wheels, saw a white one on the track, a true blue one and I think one or two others besides mine. The trucks were pretty well represented. It was pretty tough to know what was really in Springfield. the lay out made it difficult to look at cars.
That was probably my True Blue. I was running all week with my friends in their Black Gen 1.

I was in Newton with my grabber blue Gen1. It was my maiden voyage after a frame off restoration. Made 900 miles round trip from Minnesota.

Besides the Lightnings mentioned already, I also saw a sonic blue Gen2 that came Saturday afternoon. I got a chance to talk with Blake and Ray in the black Gen1 and rtoha in his True Blue Gen2.

Back