Powerdyne XB-1A upgrade!

Icepick

Hi guys,

I received a call from Nick at Powerdyne last week and he's willing to do special pricing if we can get a few people to commit...

XB2.jpg

Pickrel Performance Complete XB-1A upgrade,

XB-1A Head unit,

Oil feed and return lines,

8 rib pulley setup with "8 inch drive" crank & "eccentric pulley tensioner"! With this setup large supercharger pulleys can be run completly eliminating belt slip! It is also much easier on the supercharger bearings because "extreem" belt tension "is not" needed! Dayco "poly cog" belt included!

Power inlet & discharge pipes with bypass valve, bypass hose & clamps, High flow 9 inch cone air filter,

Specify desired boost 8-18#s is possible! (High boost setups may require additional engine, fuel system or computer modifications) Feel free to contact me to discuss your combination...

Complete BD11 to XB1-A upgrade $2500

Without bypass valve & bypass hose - $40

Head unit is capable of moving 1200 CFM at 60,000 RPM's! This is the perfect supercharger for the BD-11 owner that is looking to make more power!

Budget upgrade kit, $1875.

XB-1A Head unit

6 rib supercharger pulley installed,

Oil feed & drain kit,

Longer hose couplers for the stock plastic Powerdyne discharge tube (necessary for XB-1A conversion)

Note: Unit has a loud gear whine at idle and low RPM do to the straight cut gears... Sounds similar to a gear drive or any other centrificial head unit that has straight cut gears

Prices are good if three people commit! Six people will reduce the price by $50 for either upgrade, Normal price is $2600 for the complete upgrade or $1975. for the budget upgrade...

It's time to step up to the plate fellas! Are you going to let Steve Stock have all the fun this year?

;w

Last edited:
A bunch of us NLOC and F150world guys showed up at Turbo Tech today for some dyno wars.

I stuck the 12 to1 fmu in and made a run.
I was careful to shut down at about 5200 when the fuel pressure had dropped to 80psi. I'm running out of pump and have one on order to take care of this problem.
Looks like the 30's are going to feed this thing after all but with some fuel pressure though.
Truck made 410.1rwhp corrected at 5200 with just under 11psi boost. torque was 464.6 peak. Run was made with 24 degrees timing total on 100 octane, didnt do the race program until the new fuel pump is on. Baby steps here.
The a/f is very rich with the 12to1 fmu up to about 9psi. That hurt the torque for sure.
The numbskulls printed it in mph instead of rpm so I had to interpolate.
Here is the pull.
fca2f907.jpg

I think I'll be able to tune this thing without a tweecer afterall.
In comparison to the bd11a with the same pulley sizes, it is 25.1 HP stronger at same rpm and torque is stronger but I cant give an accurate fair measurement on that until I lean up the midrange to acceptable a/f.
The pull had a/f's between 10.5 and 11.0 between 3-4500 rpm's, way rich and is a torque killer.

Next week this time, I'll hope to post 420 rwhp and 470rwtorque.
I'm very pleased with the XB1A

Plus, its nice not worrying on when the belt is going to break!

Later
Steve

Last edited:
I am definately intrested, I was going to upgrade head-units anyways (paxton or xb-1). Any idea on price yet? Keep us posted.:tu:

Back