Polk Performance turbo kit build

Matt, Sorry to have to do this to you but someone had to :D :stirpot:

22274-664-28084.gif

You plan to make FFW here in Louisiana again in 06

Bobby

:grin1: Bobby, If I dont make any other event, I will be hanging out with you guys down in Cajun country again. I just hope I havent worn out my welcome with Doreen

Last edited:
mhays26 said:
:grin1: Bobby, If I dont make any other event, I will be hanging out with you guys down in Cajun country again. I just hope I havent worn out my welcome with Doreen

Cmon down I will have a bigger water heater installed before you get here:rofl:

REDSVT150 said:
Cmon down I will have a bigger water heater installed before you get here:rofl:

If you would get some water pressure that wouldnt be needed. Damn Cajuns

Are they keeping your abs? If so are they worried about the heat being to close the the abs box and going to heat guard it some how?
The way things are looking on mine now is that I'll be able to keep it with 1 to 1.5 inch clearance but I'm wandering do I need to make some kind of heat guard.

My ABS is staying, because this is going to be a kit to kep things as close to the way it was designed from Ford as possible. Originally, Polk wanted to do away with it, but Shawn and I persuaded him that people weren't going to buy if the ABS wasnt there. Im not sure what exactly is going to be done to prevent the heat, but it will be adressed.

ShockTherapy said:
Bwaaahahaha. Well, considering I was only a 15 minute round trip away from Polk's and Matt is a 2 hour round trip he can't make it there often enough to get pics of everything.

Well damn then shock... you go take pics then...

:D

:) not so much yawn, but it would be nice to see the Polk kit and compare it to the pro kit. With the pro kit, they posted the good and bad and have the company involved ironing out the kinks. I'm not sure if Innovative turbo is going to come out with a kit for the 2v L, so these 2 will probably be competing for alot of people business

Waiting on turbo flanges still. They were supposed to be in either today or tomorrow. After they come in, the turbo can be mounted to the manifold and the plumbing can begin. And waiting on the machine shop for the base of the upper plenum, if its not already done and in Polk's hands, I dont know cause I havent talked to him since Friday. Thats the latest news I have of now. Its tough to get to the shop to take pics or whatever when the mode of transportation is a bicycle right now

i saw your truck the last time i was at polk,i also saw the red one.i was there getting my car tuned,it was the silver sentra.it ended up making 393 at only 13.8#s

Single, big bad nasty single....

My first turbo setup made about 640RWHP/715RWTQ with a PT-76GTSH (about 17psi), swapped to a GT42-76 and made 738RWHP/795RWTQ (around 23psi)... Currently holds the stock longblock (gen2 lightning) record at 10.75@126...

I'm not playing around with those little guy turbos anymore though :D

Back