please help! lower pulley swap

JOEs01L

I removed the stock pulley and oil came out where it threads into the crank pulley. The new pulley doesn't have anything to fill that hole. What do I do? Thanks for any help.

The blower pulley's center spindle threads into the crank pulley and there shouldn't be any reason to have oil leaking from there when you removed it. None of the pulleys (with the exception of the older JDM pulleys with the braces) provide anything to fill in the center of the crank pulley after the blower pulley's removal.

If you have oil leaking from there I would say look at your front main seal as even the crank pulley bolt wouldn't cause oil to leak (there's no oil that would enter the crank and be able to leak from that bolt hole).

The blower pulley's center spindle threads into the crank pulley and there shouldn't be any reason to have oil leaking from there when you removed it. None of the pulleys (with the exception of the older JDM pulleys with the braces) provide anything to fill in the center of the crank pulley after the blower pulley's removal.

If you have oil leaking from there I would say look at your front main seal as even the crank pulley bolt wouldn't cause oil to leak (there's no oil that would enter the crank and be able to leak from that bolt hole).

It's common for oil to leak from there, it travels along the keyway, thats why a generous dose of RTV on both the washer and the bolt head is wise.

Mike

Back