Plastic on rear tube bumper?

marco

Pulling the bumper off and it is in bad shape with the center insert that holds the tag. Is there any place that will still sell the end caps and the center as aftermarket?

If not, what are my options?

I called for the Ford house locally and they said they couldn't help because it is no longer available.:(

Can get the end caps from lmr (smitty pieces). The center section try and call ford parts and ask for the ranger insert, it is the same one. The are not repopped yet but a few guys have replicated them out of aluminum and they look ok. Perfect used ones are pretty much non existent they all seem to crack.

Pulling the bumper off and it is in bad shape with the center insert that holds the tag. Is there any place that will still sell the end caps and the center as aftermarket?

If not, what are my options?

I called for the Ford house locally and they said they couldn't help because it is no longer available.:(
The tube caps are easy. The bracket is difficult, but I think I found some through a Google search. Give these folks a call and let us know since there are a couple of people looking for them.
http://www.whiteracingproducts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1717260

Can get the end caps from lmr (smitty pieces). The center section try and call ford parts and ask for the ranger insert, it is the same one. The are not repopped yet but a few guys have replicated them out of aluminum and they look ok. Perfect used ones are pretty much non existent they all seem to crack.

I didn't know they had them on rangers. Sweet!! I will try that.
Do you know what years because I know I will get a newbie that will want a Vin# lol

i dont sorry, somebody had the part number but maybe it was in the gen1 section on facebook.

License plate bracket p/n is E8TZ-13406-A. I scored one NOS on eBay last year, so may still be a couple out there.

Ditto the end caps. Ford p/n is E8TZ-17810-A, Smittybilt p/n is TA25, and another one I've never heard of but got from a member here is Omix-ADA p/n J13758

All this and more in Finding Replacement Parts

Contacted them and they are sold outšŸ˜• Not even sure if they will have them again

I thought it may be too good to be true as their webpage said 4 in stock. Oh well...
Like Fred said, they do pop up on EBay every now and again.

Before I sold mine I was planning to have metal pipe caps welded on the ends of the tubes and fab an aluminum LP bracket.
I would do it that way if I still had the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Those are the proper size, but with Smittybuilt script all over them.
I like these if I can't find the OEM ones:
http://www.extremeterrain.com/omix-ada-plastic-bumper-cap-3-1152501.html

J13758

Last edited:
Before I sold mine I was planning to have metal pipe caps welded on the ends of the tubes and fab an aluminum LP bracket.
I would do it that way if I still had the truck.

I will keep an eye out for them. I didn't like the logos on the caps since they weren't from Ford like that. Hopefully I can find something as I am considering just changing to solid steel tubes. I just hate to change it to a solid steel tubes and insert if I can find them. I have a few months to get a set.

Inwanted steel pipe end caps to facilitate. Ever having to mess with it again.
As for the LP bracket I planned to have a buddy who is a Aircraft sheet metal man fab it up. Again a never need to f with it again deal.

Inwanted steel pipe end caps to facilitate. Ever having to mess with it again.
As for the LP bracket I planned to have a buddy who is a Aircraft sheet metal man fab it up. Again a never need to f with it again deal.

It would be nice not to mess with it again. Plastic just won't last where it is and I did notice that there is some rust happening inside the tubes that I wasn't to excited to see either. Not to mention the rust inside the rear wheel wells.:(

Old Ford truck and being a daily for 15 years, I should have expected some rust to show up sooner or later.

Well Im in S Central Texas So rust is a non issue.
My 94 was 100% rust free.
Just buy pipe caps clean and corrosionX treat the inside weld um in and paint (I was planning to pc it ) it CorrosionX will slow the inner rust at least.
Good Luck.

Grab a can or 3 of Rustoleum Primer/Sealer 249321 and rinse the insides of the tubes with it. I sandblasted these body mount sleeves (which were old & rusty) down to bare steel a year & a half ago, primed & painted them, installed them on the chassis, left it outside in the weather since then, and there's still not a speck of rust on them:

Other parts have been ONLY primed/sealed, and left outside, without a hint of rust after a couple of years.

Back