Plans set!

L

Ldytec

Bob Hauk (502SS) has set up some plans for a summer event. Here is the post he left on the 454SS.com board. Hope all can join!

Thanks,
Ldytec
454SS Vice Pres

<snip>
The date is set, Dallas Jones operator of Beach Bend has made concessions for the NATC and Lightning Club for this week end. We will be granted entrance to the park @ Noon the 4th, regular opening is 4pm for us to have private usage of the track and to be able to have a cookout. The Trucks are to have our own eliminator during the regular runoffs. Dallas assured me He would all that was possible to make our stay enjoyable. He also has a beautiful campgrounds adjoining the track that is available for those who would like to camp out. I will continue to get other wheels in motion, A Holley tour on Fri. and special room rates at a local motel. I would like everone to try to come up with some merchandise awards. Example, a set of Cal-Tracs, Oil, a helmet. Possibly the club treasury would have a few bucks to chip in, the Ford guys are also invited to participate. The trophy ought to be a traveling one paid for buy the participating clubs, and handed down after this first year of "The First Annual East Truck Shoot Out" We need Dodge participation also. I will keep all informed on further developements. Bob is going to post our event on the Beach Bend Race Track web site.

bob
<end snip>

so what are the dates?

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

August 4th.

See ya there!

------------------

foxspy
1990 454ss
14.2@94mph

http://www.454ss.com/gallery/LMoore/LMoore.htm

August 4, 2001 at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY.

Isn't that the same date as the FFW in Bristol? Decisions, decisions........I'll see ya'll at Bowling Green.

Oh yea bring them BIg blocks on and lets get it on hehe.

arrrgh...y'all are just bound and determined to make me drive to the very city that my ex-wife lives in, arentcha? grrrrr

Ladytec lets keep in touch so we can all cruise down together.BTW how long is the trip?

BigBlackL

Last year I met up with TopJimmy (above) he lives in Buffalo area and we drove down together. It took about 13 hrs, and we stopped about every 3hrs, for gas of course, and to stretch the legs, and pee breaks too :p

On the Friday before the track day, we took a tour of the vette musuem and this year we are planning a tour of the Holley museum as well. So we will probably leave early Thurs morn to drive down, so we have all day to drive and get settled at the hotel at night. Does this sound ok to you? If you need to contact me my addy is chevy454ss@home.com Looking forward to Aug!!!

Ldytec

Oh ya, one more thing.....We will need to stop at the Duty Free Shop before we cross over into the US so we can get some Canadian beer to bring with us, to prevent us from getting headaches from that water they call beer down there
smile.gif

So basically August 3 - 5, right? Sounds cool, count me in.

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

Back