Planning and choosing for TT

UAE_Lightning

Hey all,

Been a member here for a long time but All i did was read the posts n stay shut.

I finaly built my motor and am ready for the TT kit. So far I have planned for the Precision twin 67 turbos with .67 A/R.
Going with JGS 40MM Waste gates
Turbo smart E-Boost two boost controller.

I am however having a hard time deciding with whats left.

Intake manifold ( Who makes or sells them ? ) because I wana throw out the S/C Intercooler.

Exhaust manifolds ; Who makes them ?

Size of injectors.. Will 80 lb be fine ? I am shooting for 900-1000 rwhp. .

So far the truck has

Livernois rotating assembly with 9.1:1 CR
TFS 44CC heads
Crower stg 4 blower cams
SCT BA3000 MAF

All other parts are connected to the S.C which will be removed.

Hey all,

Been a member here for a long time but All i did was read the posts n stay shut.

I finaly built my motor and am ready for the TT kit. So far I have planned for the Precision twin 67 turbos with .67 A/R.
Going with JGS 40MM Waste gates
Turbo smart E-Boost two boost controller.

I am however having a hard time deciding with whats left.

Intake manifold ( Who makes or sells them ? ) because I wana throw out the S/C Intercooler.

Exhaust manifolds ; Who makes them ?

Size of injectors.. Will 80 lb be fine ? I am shooting for 900-1000 rwhp. .

So far the truck has

Livernois rotating assembly with 9.1:1 CR
TFS 44CC heads
Crower stg 4 blower cams
SCT BA3000 MAF

All other parts are connected to the S.C which will be removed.

Any pics?

You asked for it.. and your eyes shall see ma baby.

lightning.jpg

First you should get cams made for the turbo setup!! Second you will prob have to fab the whole kit yourself. Great choice on turbos and wastegates!! Also torque converter with the correct stater installed is a must IMO.

I will definatly build the kid myself then..

I need help on the piping sizes tho. Here is what I plan to buy so far.

Twin Turbos carrying 2.5'' coldside to dual 2.5'' intercooler inlet leaving with e 3.0" to the Intake ..
Exiting with 1" 5/8 manifold pipings to a 2.5" collector and 2.5" v-band clamp to turbos leaving with a T4 to 3" Vband clamp to 3.0" Down pipe.

Also I think the Eboost 2 controller is a bit pricy for me since its the first turbo build ever. so someone recomend a good boost controller ?

And what about the Blow off valve ? I have used the HKS SSQVIII on a subaru.. Its nice.. But i need a BOV to sound witha huge whistle that it can be heard from a big distance. lol.

What do you think ?

I would keep the lower intake intercooler setup! It has proven itself many times, look at ss this and Casey! Years from now if I ever get to go turbo I'll be using the stock 01-04 lower intake with a custom upper box plenum

I would keep the lower intake intercooler setup! It has proven itself many times, look at ss this and Casey! Years from now if I ever get to go turbo I'll be using the stock 01-04 lower intake with a custom upper box plenum

It just feels like the Lower intake will restrict the "GOOD FLOW" Could be wrong I guess but.. Does Casey have a build thread? Im in love with his truck.

It just feels like the Lower intake will restrict the "GOOD FLOW" Could be wrong I guess but.. Does Casey have a build thread? Im in love with his truck.

There are a few threads on other forums. But he went from a spider intake with a/a cooler to the stock lower intake and intercooler

His truck proves how well the stock lower and intercooler work

OK, I decided im going with A/W intercooler thats over the engine. Im going with this setup.

Trickperformance I/C
Ford Lightning single pass intercooler.

Custom cooler water tank.
with Highflowing E.waterpump ( Intank )
Any brand in mind ? I wana flow em straight 3/3 to 3/4 and will run them from the bed.

I also might consider doing a custom A/C cooler to cool down the water while linin up and A/C on :eek:ldtu:

Will go twin spall 12" push fans connected to Mercedes sensor. One will keep runing direct through the batter and the other fan will be connected to the Sensor. :cool:

I want to know which Intake manifold to go with though.. I'll custom make the Hat on a 102mm LS1 T/B

More to come.. am still doing a research...

If any of you guys has his eyeballs through 67s for sale just lemme know please.

If any opinions are there im all ears }@_@{

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Am going to use two MCP655 Pumps runing to a single 3/4" hose to the IC and the return will be 3/4" hose as well.

Now I've got two questions.

1) would there be any depressurizing issue or anything ?

2) How many gallons would I need to make a whole circulation 1:1 ? I need the formula and I'll calculate the rest.

Last edited:
Back