Pit Parking and other details

J

Jeff S

Ok, gang, I'm not going to make it this year (Just canceled my reservations, so if someone is looking for a spot, there's a single, king, non-smoking room open) so I wanted to start a thread so that someone could take the lead on getting things organized for some group pit parking.

The club doesn't have the reserved pit space that it did last year, so the idea is to get a group of trucks together early Thursday morning to park in a pack.

What happens is that the guys organizing the pits allocate each vehicle a certain amount of space no matter what the configuration is, so if I showed up in with just my truck, I'd get the same amount of space as I would if I were towing a trailer and parking a car (at least this is the way it's been done in the past). This means with careful arrangement, 3 trucks can fit into the space of 1. We did this at the '99 WFC when Bob Ellsworth and Vern Jones (and later Chuck P. and others) shared the pit space that I had grabbed by getting there early Thursday.

So, the idea is this - you get 10-12 trucks together early Thursday and pit together. As other trucks show up later in the day, the original trucks gradually collapse their pit space and allow the other trucks to park with them. Even with pop-ups and tire piles and such, I still think you could park 30-odd trucks together. And I think most of us go to things like this to hang out together more than anything, so I hope someone will step up to the plate and pull this together.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC
lsvader.gif

#74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
#582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75 (Swanson chip ONLY)
trux.jpg

I know most of the MKLO will be there about 10:00 to 10:30 or so with about 8 trucks I believe and we all want to go in together to take up spots. Is that to late?

------------------
Shane L.
Black 93
Vortech S-trim
340hp and 404ft.lbs
best ET yet: 13.52 @ 101.08 on the rev limiter
SAVING for a 99 GT, Have to stop spending $ on the L

Jeff, good thinking and thanks for lookin out for the rest of us. Its to bad you wont be there. WFC is loosing some of the charm it had back in 99! Anyway, most of us coming from Mi wont be there until Thursday evening, so if you guys could get us a few spots we would really appreciate it! YEs, parking as a group is 3/4 of the fun of being there!!

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

I will be there bright an early again this year. I'm thinking 0800.
Does anyone have a preference on where we should try and set up at? I kind of like the area by the pumps, like last year, but we may not get that because of the "almighty Pro cars"
Anyone?

John

I was thinking along the lines of 8am also. Where we were at last year was nice but like you said who knows if we can get there this year.(Wasnt in a L last year was in the green LX parked right beside the L's) Can always try
smile.gif

Bill

------------------
NLOC #527
99 Red Lightning 13.58@102.0
94 Vorteched Lightning 12.86@105.88
90 LX 10.51@130.02 nat asp on 15" Nittos
93 LX 11.56@120.60 nat asp on 17" Nittos
http://www.geocities.com/wicked393cilx/SVT.html

Parking : I was there this past weekend got a quick overview from track personal (gateway) if we all pull in close to the nascar side of the pits they are right across from the fuel pumps. The pro guys will have the first two rows from the staging lane's. The spots behind those will be ava. the same as what we had last year should be there for the taking as long as we get there early. just my 02. that will put close to rest rooms as well as the fuel.

------------------
fedc6642.jpg.thumb.jpg

Five0 DRW
1995 #63
Team Powerdyne
nloc #354
outtahere.gif

That would be the thing to do. We should meet some place early Thursday by the track and show up together in one long Lightning line, this way we can all hang out. Any body knows of a good place to meet and what would be a good time?

I was going to become a member at WFC cent Jeff S. is not going to be there, any body else I can give my money to?

Later

Jason
95 Lightning

Jason, Sal and Lisa will be there. I feel pretty certain they'll be glad to hook you up!

I'm in Thursday morning, just tell me where to meet!

Thanks, I Will look for Sal or Lisa to give my money too, hehehe

Later

there's a big truck stop & resturant rite across the road from the track entrance

Have you talked to George at all Jeff about any of this. Maybe I will give him a call in the morning. I will be there running test and tune Wednesday night...
CA

yep right off the highway (TEXACO) right across the street from the texaco there is a Burger King more room there and we would be out of the big truck's way just my 02.

PS. i almost forgot they have 100 unleaded at the pump $3.99 a gal as of 04/30/01

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 05-03-2001).]

I'm trying to finalize plans for WFC. I won't be in till Fri morning. I don't want to race this year, but I would sure like to park in the pits with all the other Lightnings. This would give me a chance to ask questions and socialize with all you guys. Do you think there will be enough room to park there? Also if I pay to go in the pits do I have to go through tech? I was told it was only $5 more than regular entry, and I wouldn't have to park out back in the dump. Ideas? Thanks, GPT

93 lite you will have to pay the extra but you dont have to race or tech if you dont want. and your are more than welcome to,park with all the rest of the l's there.

That sounds great, my son and I will be in early Fri morning and staying for Sat also. I've only had the Lightning a couple months, bought it to tow my SC/GT but now I think it's to nice for that, but what do I know? We'll see. Thanks for the reply see ya there!! GPT

So, are we planning on meeting up thursday morning at 8am at that burger king? I'm heading out in 9hrs so I need to know!

------------------
Sam Sells NLOC#617
Powerdyned
'95 #1325
13.555@101.38
feb06e4d.jpg.thumb.jpg

www.zing.com/album/?id=4293572361

Man, I sure hope you guys do. If not, you're going to be scattered all over creation.

Ya'll just tell me where to meet, I will be in MO Wednesday so just name the place and we can all role up together the first day of the show.

See ya,

Jason

Well, I am leaving now. Me and CarolinaLightning(Billy)are traveling together, so I guess we will plan on being at that burger king at 8 thursday morning. See ya'll there!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Sam Sells NLOC#617
Powerdyned
'95 #1325
13.555@101.38
feb06e4d.jpg.thumb.jpg

www.zing.com/album/?id=4293572361

Back