PIMPxshift Efan Wiring

ASAP

Fore!
Preparing to install the PIMPxshift and remembering there’s a thread somewhere about wiring and running Efans with it. My fan controller is acting crazy so I’m going to need to explore options before buying a new controller.

I know there were some discussion and options regarding using the expansion harness, speed control and solid state relays but can’t remember all of it and thought It would be of good future use to start a thread to get all the Efan info in one place.

Jamie and Jeff were major contributors to the conversation if I remember correctly. Can you guys please give some insight on what you ended up using and how you wired it in to the PiMPxshift?

Thanks as always for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL.

Do you know the startup and running amp draw on your fans? That plays a big part in figuring out your solution.

I don't think you need an extra harness as the PiMPxshift page lists "-5 (3 amp) general purpose outputs capable of PWM modulation" so you just need to look at the pinout.

Me personally I'd look at two solid state relays (SSRs) controlled by the MS. That keeps it simple and straight forward and gives you full fan control from the MS.

It depends if your wanting to come out of the factory 60pin connector or if your ok coming from the expansion harness. I wanted to use the 60 pin connector and I also wanted to utilize the factory harness (particularly the wiring to the factory canister purge valve that was right there and not being used). You only have so many available spots in the 60 pin connector.

LOL.

Do you know the startup and running amp draw on your fans? That plays a big part in figuring out your solution.

I don't think you need an extra harness as the PiMPxshift page lists "-5 (3 amp) general purpose outputs capable of PWM modulation" so you just need to look at the pinout.

Me personally I'd look at two solid state relays (SSRs) controlled by the MS. That keeps it simple and straight forward and gives you full fan control from the MS.

I’m not sure of the start up amps but I do remember someone posting it(somewhere I the neighborhood of 25 amps). They are winstar dual efans. One a little bigger than the other.

It depends if your wanting to come out of the factory 60pin connector or if your ok coming from the expansion harness. I wanted to use the 60 pin connector and I also wanted to utilize the factory harness (particularly the wiring to the factory canister purge valve that was right there and not being used). You only have so many available spots in the 60 pin connector.

I like the thought of that Jamie. I’ll have to look through your set up Jeff posted.

It's definitely much simpler to use on-off control. Fan speed control through the PxS takes some creativity and holding your mouth just right.

Hey Jamie, can you tell me more about how you did this? I’m pulling all the MS 2 stuff out now getting ready for the Pimp install and would like to do run the wiring the way you have. I will get a couple of SSR’s though.

Which MS2 do you have again? Is it for a Mustang? Also which version, 3.0 or 3.57?

Which MS2 do you have again? Is it for a Mustang? Also which version, 3.0 or 3.57?

It’s version 3.4.3. Standard box with a breakout box that ties into the truck wiring via 60 pin ECU harness. I removed it and all associated hardware yesterday and will be posting it for sale as soon as I get the Pimp up and running. Comes with a tweecer for trans tuning.

4fe28ecdb565ab24d377efabf5b8187c.jpg

Back