PiMPxs jumpers

The "common examples of jumpers" the graphic Jamie linked will tell you exactly what to install for a bank-to-bank, TFI setup.

I read that and understand that is common and will definitely install those.

Any other provisions I should make ahead of time that you can think of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I use the one jumper for the dual efans as a trigger to feed the SSR? Or do I need to do something different? Can they be controlled separately?

I’m going to wire it in as the fan controller to replace my current controller.

Controlling fan speed with the PxS is a bit of a circus act. Controlling two fans separately even more so. I ended up running both of my fans with speed control, but I run them at the same speed using just one expansion port output.

Frankly, except for a) reducing the start-up current, and b) the noise level, there really isn't a lot of logic behind wanting to control the fan speed. Simple on-off with a higher "on" temperature will actually run the fans less.

It was a fun exercise for the latent controls engineer in me, but realistically there isn't much justification for it.

Once they add PWM to the fan control options in tunerstudio it will be great but until then I just used the regular on/off fan controls (but I bought a brushless Spal fan for the built in soft start)

Ok, with that info from you both, I will just turn them off and on with the Pimp.

Is there a way that the Pimp sees AC? I see that that is an option in the manual.

Ok, with that info from you both, I will just turn them off and on with the Pimp.

Is there a way that the Pimp sees AC? I see that that is an option in the manual.

Yes, there is an pin assigned that looks for a 12v input, I think Jamie tapped in to the low side switch all nice and neat. I do not know which one it is in the XShift, but the manual should have it.

Yes, there is an pin assigned that looks for a 12v input, I think Jamie tapped in to the low side switch all nice and neat. I do not know which one it is in the XShift, but the manual should have it.

Thanks Ray!

Jamie- any input?

So over by the blower motor for the AC/Heat under the hood is a plug. It has 2 wires going into the plug on one side but one wire coming out the other side.

548d66953b8783a753cda744429b1206.jpg

The wire in the plug that doesn’t have a connecting wire on the other side of the plug will become 12v positive when the AC turns on. I installed a wire (with pin) into the other side of that plug to pick up the 12v + for telling the PiMPxshift the AC is on. BUT…..

The PiMPxshift needs a ground input not positive input.

I did not want to cut any of the factory wiring so I had to find a way from there to the 60pin connector. The stock Map sensor is nearby and it’s not used with the pimp so I depinned one of the wires from the plug and I realized it has the same pins as a factory injector plug. So I found an old injector plug and put it on the pin.

f36941927b633a45754693363aabfb7e.jpg

After that I had to use a small relay to be triggered by the 12v + being energized when the AC turned on so I could send a ground signal through the wire from the factory map sensor to the PiMPxshift.

8c3a4bfcfcf06ac27f9befecb721aecb.jpg

fa247f4df996df6d43790d1e823bc1a9.jpg

e314e8405b0775df41c1d041ef66904e.jpg

I’m pretty sure I had to move the pin in the 60 pin connector from the map sensor wire but I can’t remember what pin location I moved it to.

Please let me know if that makes sense, it all makes sense in my head but I’m not sure how good a job I did of explaining it.

I think it does Jamie! That’s awesome! Thanks!

To wrap it up- basically I need a injector connector and a relay to tell the Pimp when the ac turns on. I then can utilize that feature in the fan control.

Correct, and you’ll have to move the pin in the 60pin connector but I can’t remember what pin I moved it to.

So I need to look for the pin for factory map sensor?

Anyone have a pin out for the 60 pin connector on a 95 L?

The factory map wiring is pin #45 (LT Green/black stripe) I just don’t remember what pin # I moved that pin to.

Ok gottya! Thanks! I’ll do some researching. If you happen to remember, please let me know…

Ok guys, installed jumpers I'm interested in. efan, boost control and all other associated jumpers for the Lightning.

JP1, JP2, JP14, JP19 (pins 2-3); JP3 for Pin 55 fan control; JP9 for pin 31 boost control.

Any idea which pin I can use to tell the pimp when the AC comes on to engage the fan?

From what stinger is telling me, install the table switching jumper, use the pin associated and change in tuner studio in fan options to use that pin. I will try this and follow up.

Any idea where I can get some pins for the 60 pin connector to wire it in with?

If you’re going to use the pin from the factory wiring going to the map sensor (like I did) you shouldn’t need a pin you should be able to relocate that pin to the appropriate pin location.

Back