PiMPxs jumpers

Yes I can do that but was exploring other options as well.

Can you tell me where you got the male connector for the relay side of the injector connector. Also what pin tool do I need to re pin the wire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also what pin tool do I need to re pin the wire?
A very small straight blade screw
Driver or buy a set of connector pins off Amazon, they are cheap. You can break the tabs with a screwdriver if your not careful.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yes I can do that but was exploring other options as well.

Can you tell me where you got the male connector for the relay side of the injector connector. Also what pin tool do I need to re pin the wire?

From an old harness if I remember correctly.

A very small straight blade screw
Driver or buy a set of connector pins off Amazon, they are cheap. You can break the tabs with a screwdriver if your not careful.

Buying pin removal tools from Amazon. Thanks!

From an old harness if I remember correctly.

Ok, thanks. Was hoping for something more specific but I guess I’ll have to go to the junkyard. Or just not use the connectors and solder it in.

Jamie, can you remember what pin 55 (fan control) goes to on the 60 pin L harness? How you got the signal back to the fan?

Can’t see the manual on my phone and trying to get all this together for this weekend.

Last edited:
55 goes to the Coast Clutch Solenoid on the 60 pin....

Junk yard is your best bet. I bought 2 harnesses that were in good shape. One that was from a MAF truck so I could go sequential. Then another that I took apart and used for parts....
Pins, plugs, etc

55 goes to the Coast Clutch Solenoid on the 60 pin....

Junk yard is your best bet. I bought 2 harnesses that were in good shape. One that was from a MAF truck so I could go sequential. Then another that I took apart and used for parts....
Pins, plugs, etc

Ok thanks! So is it safe to remove the coast clutch wire? How does the Pimp tell the trans to use it?

Ok thanks! So is it safe to remove the coast clutch wire? How does the Pimp tell the trans to use it?

I don't think Brett meant that, he was just letting you know what that pin was. I do not have any PiMP manuals to read, did they provide any sort of pinout? Obviously for the most part stock stuff will be in the stock 60 pin location, but do they provide a listing of available pins for expansion?

I will look over the manuals again tonight because after going through so much data trying to get this together, it’s a little fuzzy.

In the Pimpxshift manual it does say to use pin 55 for the efan control but I’m wondering if that’s one of the pins that gets moved for the Lightning.

Ok, after looking through the manual again, here are the pin moves for the 89-95 F150's:

Pin 55 to pin 5
Pin 52 to pin 54
Pin 42 to pin 18

With that said I will look further at the 60pin connector wiring to determine which wire to re-pin into 55.

Last edited:
Having a very hard time de-pinning the wires that have to be moved.

Anyone have any tips? I have watched the stinger video but cannot get them to turn loose.

Having a very hard time de-pinning the wires that have to be moved.

Anyone have any tips? I have watched the stinger video but cannot get them to turn loose.

Here's what I did... might not be "right" but it worked. Pull out the red locking piece in the front of each connector. Then take the smallest pick you can find and slide it in the front of the pin hole. But not into the metal pin itself. There is a small locking tab that you need to pry away from the metal pin. Be very careful.you don't break it. Once you have the locking tab away from the pin, gently pull the wire out of the back of the connector.

In addition to what has already been said, I push the wire into the connector when prying with the pic to help release. In the same motion I pull the wire out. I practiced on a connector I cut of of the junk yard.

Ok thanks guys! I will try that!

Is the tool given supposed to go inside the pin or outside? Mine was going inside the pin and felt like it wasn’t doing anything.

Ok thanks guys! I will try that!

Is the tool given supposed to go inside the pin or outside? Mine was going inside the pin and felt like it wasn’t doing anything.

Mine was bent when I got it so it went in the trash... use the pick method.. it works

Same, I have a set of dental picks. I pull the wire very lightly and touch the locking tab with the pick. It'll pop right out.

Don't pry on the tabs if you can avoid it. 25 year old plastic is brittle. If you do break a tab off (I've lost a couple over the half dozen or so times I've completely rebuilt my harness), then just zip tie the lead to the wire next to it. That's worked fine.

Thanks guys. I’ve been boating for the last week but plan on finishing up the install today.

Back