PiMPxs jumpers

BONESTOCK

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Hi all,

Just wanted to get this right the first time!

Engine setup: Still speed density and batch fed injectors. E303 cam.

Says to install pins on JP1, JP2, JP14, and JP19 (pin2-3). Also I'm seeing JP1 and JP2 on the smaller black circuit board. But are these pins only for the green circuit board? Maybe someone could mark up the photo of where the pins need to go? :thumbup:

lqG7OSY.jpg

6LBWC7V.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking nothing on the small black circuit board.

Jumpers on JP1, JP2, JP14, and on the 12v pins for the JP19.

That seem correct for my setup?

ecfsT9P.jpg

Install any you think you might need in the future. I've had to take mine out and open it up a couple of extra times because I didn't just install the jumpers from the get-go.

The little black board is the MicroSquirt that handles the transmission stuff.

And let me know if you want any assistance when it's time to light it up. I'm just down the road!

Install any you think you might need in the future. I've had to take mine out and open it up a couple of extra times because I didn't just install the jumpers from the get-go.

The little black board is the MicroSquirt that handles the transmission stuff.

And let me know if you want any assistance when it's time to light it up. I'm just down the road!

ok. Good idea.

I got the PiMPxs so no need for the "shift" part.

Thanks for the offer on help! I'll text ya if I need! I'll have many questions! All new to me!

Looks like that is where I plug the usb cable to attach to my laptop. Maybe it's just for that.

It's the MS3 micro board. https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasquirt-iii-daughterboard-kit/ Xshift probably has a Microsquirt card added since it is what gets the transmission firmware https://www.diyautotune.com/product/microsquirt-module-v2-2/. Stinger has (as you can tell) put a lot of work in the larger PCB to accommodate all the different circuits and connections to come in through the 60 pin connector.

I’m preparing my Pimpxshift for install and a little confused about the jumper set up myself. I want to take the advise of Jeff and Jamie and do what I think I will need now and later but unsure which pins to jump. The manual doesn’t really go into it enough for me to understand in section 2.

Anyone have some good info or links about wiring the jumpers for different functions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best advice is not to install the computer into the firewall until after the truck is up and running in case you need to install different jumpers

I didn’t say that. I’m saying even if you think you have all the jumpers you need installed I’d leave the ECU out of the fire wall for the first startup.

Every application is different so depending on what your doing the jumpers required change. The instructions tell you what jumpers to use for what your doing.

Every application is different so depending on what your doing the jumpers required change. The instructions tell you what jumpers to use for what your doing.

Ok, I do not see that in the instructions. Is it the Pimp instructions or the ms3 instructions. The only thing I see refers to an appendix that I don’t seem to have in the file from the thumb drive.

Well what do you know. Found it. Thanks for all of your help Jamie!

Any recommendations as to which jumpers I should concentrate on and use?

I have read Stinger tell this to many customers. The jumpers are not installed for a reason. The jumpers are designed to activate various options. Because this is a universal ECU the arrangement of the jumpers will be different for the majority of customers. For this reason Stinger wants the customer to get comfortable installing pins on their own. If Stinger were to do it for you they would have to know exactly how you intend to build and run the engine. Then later when the customer makes changes or wants to add more features they are comfortable opening the ECU and adding pins.

Back