Passing of another WASHLO Lightning Brother

sstock

It is with great sadness that we learned of the passing of Dale Robertson (BadasL).
Dale passed away on 10/21/ in the hospital, where he was recovering from a recent surgery. He was 56 years old.
Dale was a very talented individual and was currently employed with Levitron, where he was a senior member in charge of building molds for casting of electrical components.
His talents were multifaceted. He had a love first for Buick Gran Nationals, then became interested in Lightnings. He owned 2 Gen 1's and 2 Gen 2 Lightnings. Never was he happy with stock performance and was a technician for speed and student of horsepower. He knew these trucks inside and out and was always there for anyone that needed advice or help.
Dale would come to our Saturday Washlo lunch meetings and share his latest creations with show and tell sessions. On many occasions Jeff and I would drop over to Dale's house and he would always have a reworked speed part on his coffee table to show off to us.
Dale was a good friend and will be sorely missed.
As per his family, there will be no services, but it is fitting that we have a get- together to honor and celebrate his life. Arrangements will be forthcoming.
Godspeed Dale Robertson

Wow sorry to hear this!! Its times like this that makes me realize how old I'm getting and that it could be anyone of us! So you need to cherish every moment and the ones you love because no one knows what tomorrow may bring and by then its too late!!! I send my condolences to his family for their loss!!

I so sorry to hear this Steve. That's way too young to go.
I don't think I ever had the chance to meet him, but it seems like I remember some posts back in the day that made mention of him.

My thoughts & prayers go out to his friends/family.

Godspeed,...........

RIP
Dr Dale, you will be missed.
I sure enjoyed the technical discussions with him at the local G2G's, wish I found this club 5 years sooner at it height.

If it wasn't for Dale, my truck wouldn't run the numbers it has.
I was shocked by what he has gone through in the past 6 months..
The last thing he told was, He had a walker with hand brakes , followed with a lol
RIP Dale

Last edited:
Sadly I never met the man. But I learned long ago to pay attention to what he posted. Over the years he stimulated a lot of research on my part. And Dale was one of my go to guys for tech discussion and bouncing ideas around. He will be missed. The Lightning Brotherhood lost a good one. RIP, Dale! Prayers for Family and Friends.

Jim

Prayers,blessings and godspeed Dale.. you truely will be missed.. be thinking of you when the thunder is over head..I'm sure no matter what hotrod you will be racing, you will get that extra 1/10 th out of her..

It is with great sadness that we learned of the passing of Dale Robertson (BadasL).
Dale passed away on 10/21/ in the hospital, where he was recovering from a recent surgery. He was 56 years old.
Dale was a very talented individual and was currently employed with Levitron, where he was a senior member in charge of building molds for casting of electrical components.
His talents were multifaceted. He had a love first for Buick Gran Nationals, then became interested in Lightnings. He owned 2 Gen 1's and 2 Gen 2 Lightnings. Never was he happy with stock performance and was a technician for speed and student of horsepower. He knew these trucks inside and out and was always there for anyone that needed advice or help.
Dale would come to our Saturday Washlo lunch meetings and share his latest creations with show and tell sessions. On many occasions Jeff and I would drop over to Dale's house and he would always have a reworked speed part on his coffee table to show off to us.
Dale was a good friend and will be sorely missed.
As per his family, there will be no services, but it is fitting that we have a get- together to honor and celebrate his life. Arrangements will be forthcoming.
Godspeed Dale Robertson

I go on a short (long weekend) vacation and come home to this??? I just want to cry...... Let us know of upcoming G2G in his honor. I wouldnt want to miss it.

Not yet. Without going into details, there are other issues in the family so for now everything is on hold. Looks like the gtg will be after the new year.

Just read this and I am heart broken. I got into a JK Rubicon and haven't been following lightning forums much. Getting my Lightning ready for summer and thought I would see what was happening locally and was shocked to read this announcement. Dale helped me a lot when I first bought my L, ported my blower, educated me, and was a real pleasure to talk to about anything. I remember going to his house and their were blowers on coffee tables, heads on kitchen table and a gutted lightning in the garage. You will be greatly missed dale but never forgotten. Steve if u don't mind calling me or texting me when the memorial is set up it would be greatly appreciated. My number is 253-380-3488. God bless you dale. You will be greatly missed buy never forgotten.

Back