Panhard

J

JimW

I remember seein g something about a panhard rod availablke for Gen 2's, what are the specs, install difficulties, and benefits of this?
Thanks,
Jim

made by Ruslow

specs
It's a bar the goes on the rear of your truck

install difficulties
You have to drill a hole in the frame, other then that 30 min @ most

and benefits of this?
keeps the rearend more predictable and stable

------------------
Team JDM
silver 01' L, made to handle better by Hotchkis and Ruslow, made faster by JDM

My page on lowering

Sarcastic humor again.. jeez.. but I suppose I ask for it.. By specs, I mean $$, not that it is a bar that laterally locates the rear axle taking the job off of the leaf springs (or upper control arms depending on the application). And that it attached via rod ends to brackets attached to the frame and the center of the axle housing (in this case, but in others it is attached to the opposite side of the axle, using the control arm brackets or the shock mount bracket)... But hey, that would have been too much to say in a short question post, so, more precisely... how much, and does it affect towing in any way?
Many thanks,
Jim

I would of thought the same thing when you said"specs".The price is 225.00 plus shipping unless you are a card carrying NLOC member then shipping is free.Will have another batch ready to ship the end of the week.Stan

JimW -
biggrin.gif
, it's definately worth it and I would suggest that you place an order for one.

I don't tow and don't know if it would affect towing, but the bar itself can be removed in under 5 min, so if it does pose a towing problem, easily fixed.

Hope that helps.

No will not affect towing.It might actually help because it will keep the rear axle centered under the truck and keep the trailer from pushing the springs around.Stan

One final question, will (could) this affect the drivetrain warranty in any way? (We bought the extended warranty with the truck).

Hey, anyone make one for a G1, any info would be great.
Jason Brown
94'-1928

No should not effect the drive train warranty at all.Shakles and such would effect it thou.Stan

Back